CTI vs OTS?

Thanks! I didn't mention that I actually did make the submission deadline for PUBNAT6, so I'm off and running. The only question now is whether or not to leave CTI or not. ;) I think I'm pretty well convinced though. I'd just really hate to drop out then a year later still not have an offer and realize I need to go back into the CTI program. That would be very bad news. But I think the chances of that happening are extremely slim.

I would stay in school if it were me. You'd probably be able to finish Spring Semester '09 and maybe even Summer before getting a date to go to OKC for PUBNAT 6.

Treat the education as plan B, should you decide that you don't like the job or wash out, at least you've got those additional credits under your belt and will shorten the time remaining to get a degree.

I applied for OTS in May, then graduated from MtSac CTI in June.
My ASAP states:

Referral list FA-AAC-08-15440: Issued on 09/04/2008 for the Throughout California duty location at the FG-1 grade/payband.

* A list of the most qualified applicants has been sent to the office with announcement # AAC-AMH-08-CTI-10709. Your application was not included at this time. Please continue to check back for status updates.

I also applied under PUBNAT2 and have the following results:

Referral list FA-AAC-08-15720: Issued on 09/08/2008 for the Throughout The Nation duty location at the FG-1 grade/payband.

* Your application is among those being reviewed by the office with announcement # AAC-AMH-08-PUBNAT2-09140. You may or may not be contacted for an interview. Please continue to check back for status updates.

If I get hired under CTI, it means I don't have to attend basics (an extra 5 weeks). I was told that this past week as our applications were being reviewed under PUBNAT2, so were the CTI applications. Anyone have something else on their ASAP under CTI? Also, is it possible I don't get pickup up under CTI but I do get hired through OTS? It seems to me that if a CTI grad is a better pick for the FAA if they had the choice.

May 2-PUBNAT2 application completed
May 28- Authorized ATSAT
June 14- Graduated CTI- MtSac
July 1- Took ATSAT (91%)
Aug 4- Geo-Pref email
Aug 14- CTI application completed
Today- Still waiting ........next step: PEPC.....

I applied for OTS in May, then graduated from MtSac CTI in June.
My ASAP states:

Referral list FA-AAC-08-15440: Issued on 09/04/2008 for the Throughout California duty location at the FG-1 grade/payband.

* A list of the most qualified applicants has been sent to the office with announcement # AAC-AMH-08-CTI-10709. Your application was not included at this time. Please continue to check back for status updates.

So yes you may be selected at the hiring panels for OTS. You will not be selected for the CTI announcement. I don't know why you were not on the CTI CA referral list. Maybe something went weird with your application like that strange KSA section I never really knew what they wanted.

I already have a TOL for the May CTI announcement and applied for the August one just in case and was not put on the referral list for that but WAS put on the referral list for Pubnat2.

Two of my May CTI grad friends that applied for the Aug CTI announcement were put on referral lists for all the states they put down on the geo prefs in ASAP

What were your geo prefs?

So yes you may be selected at the hiring panels for OTS. You will not be selected for the CTI announcement. I don't know why you were not on the CTI CA referral list. Maybe something went weird with your application like that strange KSA section I never really knew what they wanted.

I already have a TOL for the May CTI announcement and applied for the August one just in case and was not put on the referral list for that but WAS put on the referral list for Pubnat2.

Two of my May CTI grad friends that applied for the Aug CTI announcement were put on referral lists for all the states they put down on the geo prefs in ASAP

What were your geo prefs?

:yeahthat: capttiffany, if you are selected, it will not be from the CTI announcement... as of right now you are being considered as an OTS applicant, meaning you would be attending the 5 weeks of basics with the rest of the OTS applicants.

Here's what I'm doing.

In the meantime, I have 7 applications in including the 3 latest pubnats and the AK/HI applications as well.

If you're a rated pilot and have a degree, I'd say you're golden.

Don't know where you are from, but I can tell you what AK is like. Morale sucks, 6 days a week, minimal breaks at best, slow as ***** in the winter, morale sucks, minimal breaks, no PCS to get up here, have fun on the Alcan Highway, Morale sucks, minimum breaks, so far I've seen 4 CTI's wash out, morale sucks.... On the other hand... it's cold as **** which I love, the outdoors are amazing and the people are few and far between. So, I suggest you visit first. Come up in mid January.

Being a pilot doesn't do a thing except make you think you're better than you really are. Doesn't matter how many type ratings you have, trust me.

Just my $0.02, don't bother trying to flame me, I probably wont' check this for another 3 or 4 months... it's ski season :)

Yeah that actually makes sense.. it's kindof like going into the military with skills already somewhat related to what it is you'll be doing..

they'd rather deal with a bunch of newbs than a bunch of newbs who think they're not newbs...

It's kindof how I was able to choke out half of the former football jocks during training in the Marine corps.. I was a newb, they were newbs that thought they were already tough. It was nice being able to get revenge from highschool (i was in cross country and they picked on me :mad:)

All i know is that I lived in Montana for 2 years and loved every waking and sleeping moment of it. The air, the weather, the freezing cold, the exposure to nature (hell of a lot more than California).. Any day above 75 degrees is a bad day. So the longer it stays cold, the happier I am!

I'll be making the trip up after/if we ever get the dang test auths in the next month or so.. think I could get a tour from you, Swimaway?

A little non-sence now and then is relished by the wisest men.

isn't "sence" actually spelled "sense"?.. how nonsensical of you!

but I have to agree.. I'm probably to most nonsensical of them all.. i'm smart.. some have even dubbed me wise.. but nay are the days when I'm not conducive to my own enlightenment!

(if anyone trolling this thread is a recruiter or otherwise affiliated with ATC HR operations, I can do this job. I'm always on time and I always have a smile on my face. ATC is a philosophically neutral career and I would only be beneficial as a team member!)

funny how someone who comprehends and acknowledges the concept still considers himself.. "in there".. am I wrong or are you sober? ;) I kid, I kid.

yay puppet show!

p.s. this thread is SO hijacked

I can see why you see it is funny.

However, some belive that, very much like this thread, the concept of "enlightenment" has been hijacked.

isn't "sence" actually spelled "sense"?.. how nonsensical of you!

but I have to agree.. I'm probably to most nonsensical of them all.. i'm smart.. some have even dubbed me wise.. but nay are the days when I'm not conducive to my own enlightenment!

That was the point...it doesnt make "sence".....:crazy:

But I'll go ahead and edit it so it does make "sense"

Back