CTI odds

nomar383

Okay, so I just got laid off from my current job and I've been seriously considering getting into the CTi program at Mt SAC in California. If I went through the 1-2 years and got the degree, what are the odds of hire as it stands right now? What does the timetable look like for a CTI grad for hire? I assume not nearly as long as the PUB-NATs? Thanks!

I'm CTI and didn't think it would be as long either. But, I have been waiting just as long as the PUBNATers (is that even a word?) since I have applied.

The odds of hire as a CTI, I would say, are really good (however, you will still be waiting). The posting they have for CTI now is open until 9/30.

3-4 years. But, if a pubnat comes out in between that 3-4 years you can always apply and maybe even get picked up before you get through the program. Thats a long shot at best.

I would do the CTI school.

Okay, so I just got laid off from my current job and I've been seriously considering getting into the CTi program at Mt SAC in California. If I went through the 1-2 years and got the degree, what are the odds of hire as it stands right now? What does the timetable look like for a CTI grad for hire? I assume not nearly as long as the PUB-NATs? Thanks!

I would start the program if you can afford it, or just take the aviation related classes...

You then make sure to apply to the next PUBNAT. If you want to stay in CA you have a good chance of getting picked up by putting down CA as your number 1 choice for locatoin. If everything goes smoothly you could have a class date about a year or less from when you apply.

My suggestion is to get a pilot's license and play the odds through PUBNAT as an OTS (off the street). Plus you'll have lots of fun (if you like flying) and have something tangible for a general resume or other aviation careers.

That's pretty much what I did. I started my pilot training during the PUBNAT so I had a student license at the time. A few months later I got my private pilot license, just in time for PEPC (even though it didn't make that much of a difference for me).

If the FAA doesn't work out, at least you didn't spend a fortune and many years for something non-transferable.

Back