cruising tommorrow

SEAN

Hey all, I am leaving on a 7 day cruise tomorrow from ft lauderdale to grand cayman, costa maya and princess keys. Anyone done princess cruise lines to these places? anything worth seeing or doing? I am taking the obligatory one hour sightseeing by air in the vistaliner 8 seater in costa maya. that should be fun. Departing tomorrow on a delta jet: kiad-katl-kpbi. Flying a 767 into pbi should be sweet. Any suggestions for getting the most out of the trip? thanks

I've not done that paticular cruise, but you will have an absolute blast!! Remember - drink, gamble, eat, repeat.
grin.gif

Seriously - have fun or better said Bon Voyage!!

R2F

but make sure you tip good - cuz then you're bound to get much better service and maybe a few extras!!
grin.gif

shore excursions are fun, but sometimes overrated (not to mention overpriced) - go off and do your own things, discover your own activities. I enjoy that more.

Snorkel if you get a chance!

Sarah

[ QUOTE ]
Snorkel if you get a chance!

Sarah

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't forget the suntan lotion on your shoulders and back if you do!
Ouch!
smile.gif

I am doing a snorkeling excursion in grand cayman. But lucky for me the girlfriends parents are sporting the tab. All i pay for is my bar bil on the ship and whatever i spend on land. Kidna of nice isnt it. Everyone i talk to says i will have the best time....Getting real excited now. To be honest, to this point i have been looking forward more the the flight than a week at sea, but i might actually enjoy this. LOL...jsut kidding.

after your trip - you'll love cruising just as much as you love flying! guaranteed!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
after your trip - you'll love cruising just as much as you love flying! guaranteed!!

[/ QUOTE ]
I Second that!

The day that we had to disembark back in FL, my wife and I were two bitter people. We did NOT want the cruise to end!!
laugh.gif
AND... we were already dreaming of our NEXT cruise.
cool.gif

so are we!! I really really wanna go back to alaska next year!! that would be a fun JC cruise!! we'd rock the boat (on the dance floor) till the wee hours since all the older folks to go bed early! and the DJ stays there as long as your there....

Wish the checkbook would support an Alaskan cruise - we'd be ALL over that!

Saw some GREAT deals in our AAA book for cruises out of FL (Ft. Lauderdale, Cape Canaveral and Tampa) for 7 days and between $400 - $500 each.
grin.gif

if you get travel industry discounts - you can do it cheap... we went for $350/person for 7 days up there.... and if you can't get travel industry discount, then get to be buddy buddy with someone who does cuz they can get you on as a friends & family deal....so long as you go on the cruise at the same time that the travel industry people do...

KWIM? like when doug and I cruise, it's possible to grab 3-4 cabins and have 1 for ourselves and 2-3 more for friends and family who want to come with....then everyone gets the same deal we got...

[ QUOTE ]
KWIM?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sure do.... ol' buddy ol' pal o' mine.
wink.gif

grin.gif

Damn! Three-fiddy EACH!! That's an incredible price!!

no kidding.. and if your nice....

but if your naughty - all you get is COAL! hehehe
shocked.gif

although if we did go that route, then we'd probably have to use the lottery system to decide on who gets a cabin and who has to pay full price (cuz everyone's gonna want to go right?!)... unless some other travel industry folks help out with securing enough cabins for others....

I was thinking about either going to Europe this summer or going on a cruise (with friends, im still a young single college guy). I believe a cruise would be more in my price range. Can anyone recommend some good destinations, there are so many and right now they are all just names to me.
confused.gif
cool.gif

one of my girlfriends is going on a "singles" cruise out of new orleans early next spring to i think the western carribean on carnival... i've heard it's a pretty fun cruise and that they make sure the guys/girls are equally matched...

i'd check that out! also - carnival cruise lines or royal carribean is considered more of the college crowds type of cruise line...

Ill let you all know how it goes. Ive got a mountain of packing to do tonite. merry xmas and happy holidays to everyone.

[ QUOTE ]
i'd check that out! also - carnival cruise lines or royal carribean is considered more of the college crowds type of cruise line...

[/ QUOTE ]

I went on a Holland America cruise out of FLL a few years ago. The cruise was nice, but everyone was SO OLD! I was 16 and I felt like the youngest person on the ship. I wouldn't recommend that line for a college student.

Sean- While in Grand Cayman you've got to check out Stingray City. Your chance to swim with giant, man-eating stingrays! (okay, so I made up the man-eating part). Seriously though, that's a great shore excursion while in Grand Cayman.

[ QUOTE ]
I've not done that paticular cruise, but you will have an absolute blast!! Remember - drink, gamble, eat, repeat.

[/ QUOTE ]
Darn right.
I've been on both Carnival and Princess. Carnival tends to cater to the "teenage" crowd but Princess goes for the "over 21" crowd. Lots of gambiling, and lots of money spent on Princess.

Back