Cross country time on resume

chrisdahut1

Question for the pros out there:
When you put "cross country" flight time on your resume, which definition do you use? It would seem as if putting the "taking off at one place and landing at another" definition instead of the "landing more then 50NM" would make more sense after you've acheived all the certificates and ratings (minus the ATP).
Just curious as to what everyone puts on their resume!

[ QUOTE ]
Question for the pros out there:
When you put "cross country" flight time on your resume, which definition do you use? It would seem as if putting the "taking off at one place and landing at another" definition instead of the "landing more then 50NM" would make more sense after you've acheived all the certificates and ratings (minus the ATP).
Just curious as to what everyone puts on their resume!

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't done a resume in a while.......

But when I log CC time, it's logged in the same place for both certificate necessity CC and "post certificate" CC, so that's what I put down.

IMO, no one's really concerned with the distinction....for your purpose of a resume, it's all the same.

I have always, since day one, logged XC by the 50NM rule. I still do. We have a leg we fly in the King Air quite often that is 43NM. I don't make that XC. Of course, I have enough XC for the ATP so I'm not that concerned about it anymore.

FL270

I have mish-mash. I have some logged prior to the FAR 61 overhaul when ATP did not have the 50 NM requirement, only that you fly to a point different from where you started. I havn't deducted any of that.

These days I use the 50 NM limit, but every flight I do is at least 50nm anyway.

I log both...and I put all the XC on my resume. The only time I use the 50nm XC is when I need it for a certificate app. Part 135 XC is point to point, so I am not going to short myself by only counting the time I spend going at least 50nm away.

The logbook that Gleim publishes is very handy....it has a column for everything you need to have numbers for. It even has two seperate, pre-labeled, columns for "All Cross Country" and "50nm Cross Country". And it has every endoresement you will ever need in the back; in the order you will need them. Gleim has everything very organized and intuitive.

(Maybe they will send me some free stuff since I plugged their logbook on a busy forum
smile.gif
)

Back