CRJ200/ERJ145 Dispatcher Commiseration Thread

pljenkins

Resident Knucklehead
Just a little shoutout to our fellow dispatchers who are facing the new FAA standard passenger weights and trying to come to terms with their now impossible task of dispatching 50 seat RJs with reasonable payloads. You have my sympathy, brothers and sisters.

Fellow brothers and sisters of the release, post here your hopes and prayers for those of us who will sit at their desk today and realize that their job of making chicken salad out of chicken sh** has just gone from monumentally hard to darn near impossible.

Special nod to my former co-workers who stuck it out through thick and thin at Air Wisconsin. Nuthin but luv for ya. Get those resumes updated!

Yeah, I've been worrying about that. As a former gate agent, I know what it's like to work weight restricted flights and it sucks. And passengers don't understand

I’m curious if the CRJ-550 will have an issue. I read the MTOW is lower for scopes. Maybe United made a great move?

Also the EMB-170 family won’t have issues except for 3+ hrs right?

Add any single class configured plane to the list (SWA, Frontier, etc). Enjoy your 3 minutes of hold fuel this summer.

I thought this wouldn't have as much of an adverse effect on the larger aircraft; but, the smaller regional guys would be crying lol...

Don’t worry about a thing if you’re coming out of Monterrey Mexico, they’ll be happy to call you up and tell you where the good alternates are so you can fit everyone. Enjoy!

Any rumors on seat pitch or baggage changes? I mean if bags start being $50, $75 or more to check people will compact to carry on bags. Or if legacy carriers charge for carry on bags people may consider reducing to personal items only.

Either way, don’t let a good crisis go to waste right? Baggage fees, are probably going up.

Back