CRJ1000 question...

meyers9163

So bored at work today I got to looking online. I know a European airline is going to be the launch customer for this plane. However I noticed on their official website they do have that an, "US based" airline is indeed on that order as well. I know it would be pure speculation but would any of you know or have thoughts as to if this would be a regional or a major actually going to fly this plane? With that I mean its hard to tell but whoever it would be obviously has these cards close to their chest and are not showing. Anyways just thought I'd ask if anyone hear anything further on this.

Flew with an FO a month ago that visited the Bombardier plant and asked them who the 1000 was being targetted to. The guy he talked to said it was still considered a "regional jet." Take that for what ya want, though. I don't know of too many existing scope clauses that would let current regionals fly 'em unless they took out a lot of seats.

I'm hoping under a new concessionary contract we at XJT can get our hands on them. We'll put 76 seats in them, fly them for our current rates, or maybe give captains only a small over-ride. Then when some major airlines in the future come into some financial trouble, we will blow the doors out, fill those suckers up to 90+ seats, first class, business class...you name it.

See...we've been in the 50 seat market for a while but I think we've seen how it's done! Thanks guys for paving the way.

Accurate

I'm hoping under a new concessionary contract we at XJT can get our hands on them. We'll put 76 seats in them, fly them for our current rates, or maybe give captains only a small over-ride. Then when some major airlines in the future come into some financial trouble, we will blow the doors out, fill those suckers up to 90+ seats, first class, business class...you name it.

See...we've been in the 50 seat market for a while but I think we've seen how it's done! Thanks guys for paving the way.

Nothing in this sad statement is untrue.

The CRJ1000 will never be flown by a regional. Yup, I said, never. Way too many seats, no one's scope comes close to allowing it. End of story. Move along, nothing more to see here....

The CRJ1000 will never be flown by a regional. Yup, I said, never. Way too many seats, no one's scope comes close to allowing it. End of story. Move along, nothing more to see here....

Oh Marcus.... Take a few seats out, make it 86 seats (aka Airways), its more efficient and better comft then the CRJ9 and it will be flown. I think its more a matter of by whom and not if.

Oh Marcus.... Take a few seats out, make it 86 seats (aka Airways), its more efficient and better comft then the CRJ9 and it will be flown. I think its more a matter of by whom and not if.

In addition to number of seats, I believe most mainline scope has a weight limit as well.

I'm sure the CRJ1000 is over the mainline scope max gross weight.

In addition to number of seats, I believe most mainline scope has a weight limit as well.

I'm sure the CRJ1000 is over the mainline scope max gross weight.

And the E170 doesn't bust that weight limit?

Every time I am in the A gates at Dulles and Im climbing up the stairs into the Saab and I see an E170, I cant believe its a regional aircraft. I can def. see why some people left Colgan to fly them when given the opportunity when hiring was booming, I get SJS for them.

I don't believe it either, because:

Every time I am in the A gates at Dulles and Im climbing up the stairs into the Saab and I see an E170, I cant believe its a regional aircraft.

It's not a regional aircraft.

Management loves to hear it being put in that category, though.

As of a couple weeks ago I don't even use the term any more. I call them anything else that accurately describes them such as contract lift provider but I'm done calling these airplanes regional jets. E145s, CRJs, you name it. It's the first step and the entire mentality needs to be changed starting with addressing these aircraft as what they really are: airliners.

And the E170 doesn't bust that weight limit?

Every time I am in the A gates at Dulles and Im climbing up the stairs into the Saab and I see an E170, I cant believe its a regional aircraft. I can def. see why some people left Colgan to fly them when given the opportunity when hiring was booming, I get SJS for them.

Ummmm, I didn't write the scope clause so don't ask me questions, lol!

All, I know is that US Airways was the first to go not only by number of seats but also gross weight. Back when management wanted to certify the E-190's as "lift" and not a mainline craft.

*I think, but don't quote me on that.*

You have much to learn, young Skywalker.

RJs = "Replacement Jets"
:yeahthat:

Ummmm, I didn't write the scope clause so don't ask me questions, lol!

All, I know is that US Airways was the first to go not only by number of seats but also gross weight. Back when management wanted to certify the E-190's as "lift" and not a mainline craft.

*I think, but don't quote me on that.*

Nah, MGTOW limits have been in mainline scope clauses for many years.

Nah, MGTOW limits have been in mainline scope clauses for many years.

Cool. I wasn't sure bout' that. But, US Airway's at least did set the precident for 100+ seat/MGTOW aircraft at mainline.

The line has been drawn, but I think we all still have to be ever vigiliant. Lines can be crossed, erased and destroyed.

Back