Credit Card vs N Number

Grumpy

Did anyone other than myself notice that the President signed into law the “privatization of” portions” of the U.S. ATC?

I can’t help but wonder how that will affect the little airplane flights. How much will it cost to use any given portion of ATC. Ie. Will a VOR app cost less than an ILS?

How much for each landing? Will Joe Sixpack be able to afford to fly his 40 yr old Cessna around the patch or will the $100.00 ?Hamburger go the way of the Dodo Bird?

How much will be given over to the “ privatization” . The article I read was unsure but the thrust was that it could ALL be private sometime around 2007.

Let's all pray that Dubya gets the boot....otherwise, we're really going to be in financial distress!!!

(but our flag will be waving the world over...as it...should be??
crazy.gif
)

Eek! We might be categorized with the Communist party once again! eek!

[ QUOTE ]
Let's all pray that Dubya gets the boot....otherwise, we're really going to be in financial distress!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

We're ALREADY financially distressed! I'm only hoping we don't end up with a repeat performance of "the depression era"???? That's all we need since Dubya wants to take over the world and have US pay for it!

[ QUOTE ]

Dubya won't be in office then; the Dems will fix it.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the risk of being accused of Clinton-bashing, Bill did push an ATC privatization plan while he was president. It was shot down, however.

I havn't heard anything else about this new version.

[ QUOTE ]
Eek! We might be categorized with the Communist party once again! eek!

[/ QUOTE ]

Commie Pinko!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
At the risk of being accused of Clinton-bashing, Bill did push an ATC privatization plan while he was president. It was shot down, however.

I havn't heard anything else about this new version.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pointing out Clinton's flaws isn't Clinton bashing, and Lord knows there were many of them.

So no, you're not Clinton bashing.

Now, if you were to spin a story about Al Gore laughing at Oliver North for saying Osama bin Laden was a dangerous man, that'd be different. Someone sent me that email, and I was like, uh, hello, back then, bin Laden was our boy, taking on the Russians in Afghanistan!

I personally would like to see Bush out because of what he has done with our economy. He's promised us since 2001 that his economic policies will create new jobs, yet we've lost millions of jobs since he took office.

Actually the Osama/North thing was urban legend. Oliver North was worried about Abu Nidal, not Osama bin Laden -- and yes, he was our boy during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

I guess he pulled a Manuel Noriega on us!

Yeah..We'd be so much better off with Gore! After all Bush totally ruined the economy. That whole 9-11 thing had nothing to do with it fellow pilots! The dot-boom during the Clinton era that turned into dot-bust during the Bush era was totally unforseen! Of course everyone dumping dollars into companies with nothing to offer but an idea is a good thing! The shock when such compaines fail! How..Why?
smile.gif
American panic when 3000 die all Bush's fault. Ya'll are right lets go back to the Dems way. High taxes, give away programs, dumping money into education without demanding results, socialized medicare for everyone! WHOOOO!!!
CAN'T WAIT!! GO DEMS!! 2004

[ QUOTE ]
Actually the Osama/North thing was urban legend. Oliver North was worried about Abu Nidal, not Osama bin Laden -- and yes, he was our boy during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan.

I guess he pulled a Manuel Noriega on us!

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure seems like a lot of our ex-buddies (Saddam Hussein, Osama bin Laden, Noriega) pulled a fast one on us.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah..We'd be so much better off with Gore! After all Bush totally ruined the economy. That whole 9-11 thing had nothing to do with it fellow pilots! The dot-boom during the Clinton era that turned into dot-bust during the Bush era was totally unforseen! Of course everyone dumping dollars into companies with nothing to offer but an idea is a good thing! The shock when such compaines fail! How..Why?
smile.gif
American panic when 3000 die all Bush's fault. Ya'll are right lets go back to the Dems way. High taxes, give away programs, dumping money into education without demanding results, socialized medicare for everyone! WHOOOO!!!
CAN'T WAIT!! GO DEMS!! 2004

[/ QUOTE ]

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah..We'd be so much better off with Gore! After all Bush totally ruined the economy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't make any projections about what things would look like now if we had a President Gore because there are way too many variables to make even a sensible guess. However, I will say one thing. The plan that Clinton had in place to kill bin Laden probably would have been carried out.

Here's a link to it.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/world/2020/predator030624.html

Anyway, if a President Gore oversaw an economy that has lost millions of jobs, I'd want him out of office. If a President Gore took a huge surplus and turned it into a huge deficit, I'd want regime change in the White House. It has nothing to do with party affiliation. It has everything to do with results.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, if a President Gore oversaw an economy that has lost millions of jobs, I'd want him out of office. If a President Gore took a huge surplus and turned it into a huge deficit, I'd want regime change in the White House. It has nothing to do with party affiliation. It has everything to do with results.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nicely said, TonyW!!

I agree wholeheartedly!!

Had Gore won the election (oh wait... he DID.. but, anyway..
wink.gif
) and had we experienced the exact results we are experiencing now under Bush II, I'd not only be embarassed, I'd be calling for his job.

That's what I find disturbing.

The staunch defense of a man who is clearly doing an inadequate job.

I don't care if his title is President of the United States, CFO of Wal-Mart or Ronald McDonald - if he can't keep the country financially sound - or keep a firm grip on those that do - he should go... and fast... REGARDLESS of his party affiliation.

Interesting link. I have also heard about a CIA plot to kill Saddam under Clinton that was never carried out.

The big question here is what the loyal opposition would say if Dubya had launched an unprovoked attack on a sovereign nation to get OBL. You see what kind of criticism he's had to put with when we had thousands of dead on our own soil. He would have been crucified if he carried out the attack.

You might be interested in the new book out about how BC dropped the ball on OBL. I havn't read it yet, but I have heard some of the details in the past.

[ QUOTE ]
Had Gore won the election (oh wait... he DID.. but, anyway.. )

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. Popular vote versus electoral vote as specified in the Constitution.... But do we really want to go there?

Back