Crazy Limitations

ahw01

Just a couple I spotted recently, any more out there?

NOT VALID FOR FLIGHTS WHICH REQUIRE THE USE OF ENGLISH

MAY NOT SERVE AS A FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR IN FLIGHT

One of my favorites is the instrument rated deaf pilot with “Must have a pilot rated passenger when operating IFR.”

The non-instrument rated pilot with hearing loss gets this one:

NOT VALID FOR FLYING WHERE RADIO USE IS REQUIRED.

Last edited:
Kind of the opposite case. A catch-all, if you will.

Attachments

• don_t-do-anything-dumb-placard.jpg
    don_t-do-anything-dumb-placard.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 81
I felt weird with my "B 1900 SECOND IN COMMAND REQUIRED" and I'd get asked "So, what happened?" ever CQ at SouthernJets.

As I glide into my golden years, I become slightly less tolerant of dip•ty questions like this. My answer to the above would be “well, it actually started 12 hours before my checkride with an unfortunate dinner selection at the Korean restaurant. Turns out spicy kimchi is quite effective as a laxative”

If a couple of Delta pilots had this printed on there certificates, a bunch of school kids could have avoided getting a JetA shower.

*their certificates

also, I think this limitation might be prudent to much of commercial aviation over a certain age. Some might even warrant a "NOT WITHIN 1000 FT OF AN FA" (which I think might even cover a 777)

After someone lost all their prop blades starting an engine during pushback, we got a limitation added to our AOM. ”Engine start during pushback prohibited.”

somehow the tug got at an angle where the tow bar contacted the spinning prop.
the only thing that saved the tug driver was the cage which caught the prop blade. If the cage wasnt there, the tug driver would have been decapitated by the blade….

our airline gave us an option to do our Checkride without a SIC so we wouldn’t have the B1900 Second In Command Required. Then a pilot got assigned to do a repo flight by himself because he was single pilot type rated. after that no one exercised the option to do the checkride with out an FO.

Back