Crappy Day to Be A Gate Agent At Qantas

CirrusMonkey

No Real Usefulness
http://m.smh.com.au/business/aviati...illions-of-dollars-damage-20140228-33r3w.html

'A Qantas A380 superjumbo has collided with another of the airline's Boeing 747-400 jumbos at Los Angeles International Airport, causing damage to the wing tips of both planes and forcing the cancellation of flights.'

'The incident occurred at 9pm local time (4pm AEST time) on Thursday while the aircraft were being towed out of a hangar.'

That's what, 841 possible rebookings with hotel rooms ontop of the cost of repairs? Ouch!

Sometimes, it's cheaper to crash the truck and collect the insurance than keep paying on the truck....

Taxiied past this pair a couple times that day. They took turns being the hangar queen.

For the hotel rooms and meal vouchers?

I wonder what the grand total of rebooked passengers was?

Could be. It's an expense incurred because of the incident.

I don't know enough about how insurance plans and risk management works, but you can insure ANYTHING if you're willing to pay the premium. So maybe they're covered for the incident plus a certain amount of liability for the pax. It makes sense.

Even pulling a skyhawk out of the hangar there's a couple people wing walking. I'm just confused how this happens at this level.

I've been to places that requires four to move a Piper and others that have jerked a Hawker out at the speed of light with one.

Back