Crappy day for a Russian A320 crew

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
http://avherald.com/h?article=46c2b12b&opt=0
An Ural Airlines Airbus A320-200, registration VQ-BLO performing flight U6-262 from Ekaterinburg to Moscow Domodedovo (Russia), landed on Domodedovo's runway 32R at about 09:00L (05:00Z) but drifted right off the runway turning left at the same time and came to a stop with all gear on soft ground right off the runway with the nose pointing towards the runway at about a right angle to the runway center line, the right hand main gear sunk in and the right hand engine contacting ground. No injuries occurred, the aircraft received minor damage.
BaJw_6vCQAAWGjF.jpg:large

If this is all correct, the plane spun off the perhaps icy runway? Imagine that happening along side a busy taxiway, crazy stuff. Hopefully a video surfaces. Chances are the air stairs had a dash cam. I wouldn't be surprised if footage of this became a meme for the Russian Airline Industry and went viral, if this is what happened.

I taxied terrible today. Hey, it's my first tiller and it's been, what, 16 years since I last taxied? :)

I taxied terrible today. Hey, it's my first tiller and it's been, what, 16 years since I last taxied? :)

It may have been a long time since your last taxi @Derg but I hear you make a mean PA.... ;-)

Anchor a finger or two on the console around the tiller and "walk" the tiller around with those fingers. Much smoother that way!

It's really funny getting guys coming from the 88 captain seat trying to be smooth with it. From a physical workout on the 88 to the dainty movements required on fifi is quite the transition. :)

It was easy for me since the tiller is identical logic to the crj!

Anchor a finger or two on the console around the tiller and "walk" the tiller around with those fingers. Much smoother that way!

It's really funny getting guys coming from the 88 captain seat trying to be smooth with it. From a physical workout on the 88 to the dainty movements required on fifi is quite the transition. :)

It was easy for me since the tiller is identical logic to the crj!

On the crew bus I got a "WHO THE HELL WAS TAXIING?!" and I answered, meekly, "Umm, me! I'm new!"

And that SAFEDOCK is a trip when you actually have to pay attention.

Back