over2departure

Sounds like my first marriage.
So my brain hurts and I'd like some input. I've been using a combo of sheppard air / gleim online software to prepare for my commercial pilot written this week, and of course both programs are giving two different answers to the same question :ooh:

Question: An aircraft is on a stopover at an airport 450 miles from its home airport. A mechanic discovers a discrepancy. Who is responsible for maintaining the airworthiness of the aircraft by having the defect corrected?

Answer Choices: A. The Mechanic / B. The PIC / C. The Owner or operator

The shepp air program shows the correct answer as C, while gleim shows the correct answer as B.

The explanation behind shepp air's answer only references 91.403 verbatim, while the gleim explanation is the generic "The Pilot Command is directly responsible for determining the airworthiness of the aircraft".

It's a silly question all around, but I have no idea which answer to select should this question come up on my exam this week. Any suggestions?

The person responsible for maintaining the AC is the owner/operator.

If you are going to fly it then the PIC is responsible for making sure it is airworthy.

The question does not state anything about flying the AC. So the correct answer is C.

Since shepherd air will give you your money back if they have the wrong answer you can be sure to trust them.

Question: An aircraft is on a stopover at an airport 450 miles from its home airport. A mechanic discovers a discrepancy. Who is responsible for maintaining the airworthiness of the aircraft by having the defect corrected?

Answer Choices: A. The Mechanic / B. The PIC / C. The Owner or operator

The shepp air program shows the correct answer as C, while gleim shows the correct answer as B.

I would agree with shepp, as the question is not determining airworthiness (which is B, the PIC), but rather who is responsible for maintenance (C, the owner/operator).

I wouldn't worry too much, just take the test. Sounds like you will pass easily.

Terrible question, vague answers, I hate these. C is correct as the owner or operator is responsible for maintaining airworthiness, B is also correct as in this case the PIC is the operator.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Luckily for me this question did not come up. I also agree with the Shepp answer too, thanks for the tips fellas.

Back