CPL Checkride Passed

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
As I was prepping for the checkride this afternoon I overheard two pilots complaining about their schedules/companies and I truly felt like I had been initiated.

No plans at this point other than to work towards CFI with the goal of instructing in my club. For a guy who started flying in '96 with two large gaps away from flying, it was actually really rewarding to see the words on my temporary ticket.

I'm coming back from a long gap off from flying as well. It's not easy, so congrats!

Getting a side-hustle going....? ;-). It has crossed my mind as well (flying again that is). It just becomes so costly to remain proficient enough to feel safe. I know when doing my training in the Minny winters the long breaks at times were tough and you were always repeating something from the previous lesson. Good Luck !!!

Congrats!

As much as we want to think that the lazy 8s and the Chandels will never come in handy (and I was one), there are a few circle-to-land accidents in the past few years that will counter that.

Congrats!

As much as we want to think that the lazy 8s and the Chandels will never come in handy (and I was one), there are a few circle-to-land accidents in the past few years that will counter that.
Are you suggesting those guys in a Lear in San Diego might not have crashed at night in marginal weather had they been more proficient in Lazy 8s? Or the Lear in Teterboro?

Are you suggesting those guys in a Lear in San Diego might not have crashed at night in marginal weather had they been more proficient in Lazy 8s? Or the Lear in Teterboro?
I think the Lear guys were doomed 50 miles out because they were already behind and violating Company procedures.

I’m not ”suggesting” anything of the sort. I’m stating that those maneuvers teach you power management, speed awareness, and precision turning if executed correctly. Also that this training plays an active roll in real world flying…..if used correctly.

You would be hard pressed to convince me that these two planes didn’t stall.

As I was prepping for the checkride this afternoon I overheard two pilots complaining about their schedules/companies and I truly felt like I had been initiated.

No plans at this point other than to work towards CFI with the goal of instructing in my club. For a guy who started flying in '96 with two large gaps away from flying, it was actually really rewarding to see the words on my temporary ticket.
Congratulations! I’m mid 30s about to take the same ride.

I did an accidental chandelle today. Log it.

Congrats, that's awesome! Nothing wrong with starting in '96......you have seen two different eras of aviation, that's value.

I know a DPE who will convulse and foam at the mouth if you try and tell him a chandelle is useful for getting out of a box canyon.

We like winding him up when he stops by.

The first time a prop turns and you get paid instead of paying for it really does feel different.

Congrats!

congrats...

just the other day I was doing a Chandelle in a 320 while departing Orlando because why not...long story short I'll let you know the results of the ASAP report...

Finally had my first flight yesterday as a commercial pilot (not being paid, though) and it so happened that it was my first HP/complex checkout flight in an A36. Was cool to feel like I had stepped up to a "real airplane". Would be signed off to fly it if not for our damn 25 hour retractable insurance requirement.

Can vouch that getting paid to fly does feel different. Congrats on making it to stage 3 of professional aviation!

1. Pay to fly
2. Fly for free
3. Get paid to fly
4. Get paid to not fly

Back