CPL, CFI, CFII, MEI and online degree credits

So, to put it in a simple way, FAA certificates and ratings might be applied for credits even in non-related degrees? I suppose this is not always the case, right?

Usually, these go in as electives. Buyer beware, though: many programs have an "in house" requirement. You have to complete so many credits at College X before being granted a degree from College X.

Ok that makes sense! Thanks!

I spent the day doing some researches and it turned out that a BS in Computer Information Systems does really interests me and I would be thinking of doing it should I not go for an Aviation degree. It's a bit of business and a bit of IT/programming with not so much maths.

FAA ratings have been reviewed by ACE (the group that assesses and recommends college credit for professional credentials and corporate training) so there should be plenty of colleges that will accept them if you ask admissions or your academic advisor group about it.

I believe that Excelsior (regionally accredited online programs) will apply FAA credits to most degrees, if you needed some non-program specific credits it might be a great way to save yourself a semester's worth of filler classes and a few grand in cash.

I'm gonna apply for Cowege credit for milkin' my cows and mowin' my hay and choppin' my corn. I gwang be an intellecial! All my toil was not fer naught. Ooh, a double negative! I feel hot... degree coming my way.

An MBA prepares you to be a cog in a large company, writing reports that few will read and analyzing things of little import. Most of the 'thinking' taught is pretty regimented, and 'innovation' is often unwelcome.

The best outcome of education at any level is the ability to think, analyze, solve problems, plan, recognize and prioritize options, etc.

The 'trade school' approach, at any level, may help you get the first job, but is not of much specific consequence beyond that.

Of course, YMMV.

Back