Could I log time?

youngflyer

A buddy and I are going to fly up to the Adirondacks in a couple weeks and he is an instrument rated pilot. He will do most of the flying but could I somehow log time with this?

A buddy and I are going to fly up to the Adirondacks in a couple weeks and he is an instrument rated pilot. He will do most of the flying but could I somehow log time with this?

if you have your private and he wears a hood you can log PIC

if you have your private and he wears a hood you can log PIC
Not enough information to be sure of that.

He says his buddy is instrument rated. I'm not sure why he mentioned that unless this is going to be an IFR flight? Is the poster IFR rated? If he is, is he current? Is his name going in the PIC box on the IFR flight plan?

Is the airplane complex, high performance or a tailwheel? Does the poster have those endorsements?

That's just the most obvious ones.

Alright. Since I am only a student pilot, I guess I cant log anything.
Sorry, no. Unless he's a CFI, lets you do some of the flying, and wants to endorse the training.

Just have fun. Maybe a little late for foliage viewing, depending how far south of Syracuse you go, but still very pretty. :)

Sorry, no. Unless he's a CFI, lets you do some of the flying, and wants to endorse the training.

Just have fun. Maybe a little late for foliage viewing, depending how far south of Syracuse you go, but still very pretty. :)
Thats fine! I enjoy flying regardless!

I had wanted to get over that way while the leaves were still up. It's a beautiful area. Come to think of it I've never checked out SLK the whole time I've been a pilot. I think there's a restaurant on the field.

haha

it's sad how many people know im still only 16 :mad:
but hey, at least their'll be NO REASON why the checkride wont be a breeze!
all i can do is study and get as much experience as i can!

Back