Corporate jobs in South Florida

KLB

I'm looking to transition from 135 freight to corporate flying.

My qualifications are:

Airline Transport Pilot
Airplane Multi Engine Land, Commercial Privileges Single Engine Land

Flight Instructor
Airplane Single Engine and Multi Engine: Instrument

PIC Type Ratings
SA227 Fairchild Metroliner
E120 Embraer 120

FAA Class 1 Medical

US Passport

Restricted Radiotelephone Operator Permit

Flight Time:

5006 total
4669 PIC
3092 turbine PIC
3208 Multi engine
1141 single engine
1460 Night
811 instrument

Let me know if you guys know of anything or see something out there.

Thanks
Kelvin

Good luck in your search! FL corporate (or any corporate) is a pretty tough nut to crack. Have you considered starting out in charter? Maybe knock on some doors at FXE?

I have actually! I've combed through FXE pretty well. I've knocked on quite a few hangar doors. I wouldn't mind going charter. Some companies want types and other companies...I appear to be overqualified for due to their compensation.

I have actually! I've combed through FXE pretty well. I've knocked on quite a few hangar doors. I wouldn't mind going charter. Some companies want types and other companies...I appear to be overqualified for due to their compensation.

Yeah, that's south FL alright. I know all too well how frustrating that is. I still talk to some folks down there, I will definitely PM you if I hear anything. Good luck!

P.S. - I though I remember hearing JetSuite has a PBI base? Did you apply there?

Yeah, that's south FL alright. I know all too well how frustrating that is. I still talk to some folks down there, I will definitely PM you if I hear anything. Good luck!

P.S. - I though I remember hearing JetSuite has a PBI base? Did you apply there?

Thanks!

I've applied at JetSuite. I hear that I would need an internal to get an interview there though.

Looks like you're from Miami, are you mainly looking on your side of the state? The good news is, that's where most of the aviation jobs are in S. Florida, the east side. I was looking on the Gulf side and it's pretty slim pickings over that way. I finally lucked into a nice corporate job based in Naples this summer after looking for a couple years. Anyway I know that doesn't help you too much, but my point is, keep looking, you'll find something worthwhile! (I did).

Looks like you're from Miami, are you mainly looking on your side of the state? The good news is, that's where most of the aviation jobs are in S. Florida, the east side. I was looking on the Gulf side and it's pretty slim pickings over that way. I finally lucked into a nice corporate job based in Naples this summer after looking for a couple years. Anyway I know that doesn't help you too much, but my point is, keep looking, you'll find something worthwhile! (I did).

Thanks!

I live in the northwest tip of Broward County.

In light traffic, it takes me approximately this amount of time to get to these airports:

FXE-20 minutes
BCT-25 minutes
FLL-30 minutes
OPF-35 minutes
PBI-45 minutes
MIA-45 minutes
TMB-50 minutes
APF-1.5hrs
SUA-1.5hrs

I just bought my wife a fiat (although its shamefully powder blue) and I'm not afraid to use it! :)

I can commute even further dependent on pay and days off between trips.

I think I saw an ad for sky king somewhere recently to.

Sky King isn't "where its at." :)

I'd be taking a large pay cut and they're very unstable.

World Jet is hiring......oh wait.....never mind.....

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/11/25/dea-raids-charter-airline-owned-by-ex-race-car-driver/

FXE is so darn sketchy. Ive really had to do some quality research on which operations to apply for a job.

PBI seems a lot better. Its quite the iron fortress up there though.

Last edited:
Bump. I'm still in the hunt. I've had a few nibbles here and there, but no calls yet.

Let me know if anyone hears of anything.

Back