Corporate Flight Follower Info?

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
I am doing a little research for my employer. Is there a website anywhere where I can find information on corporate flight-follower salaries, job descriptions, and/or where an employer might find potential candidates for such a position?

Thanks in advance

I am doing a little research for my employer. Is there a website anywhere where I can find information on corporate flight-follower salaries, job descriptions, and/or where an employer might find potential candidates for such a position?

Thanks in advance

Corporate Flight-Follower? Interesting. I'm interested in more information as well.

Thanks in advance

Never heard of a Corporate Flight Follower? Some Corporate folks call their Crew Schedulers Dispatchers if that helps... Let me email a buddy of mine to see if he has any ideas....

Aside from Monster.com, there are always aviation forum sites....

I do not know about other companies or descriptions, but the folks at my company that do flight following have several other responsibilities as well because flight following does not take enough time. I would say salary should be no less then 28,000. Regarding the job descriptions, responsibilities include using Flight Explorer or a similar product to track flights, when aircraft are running late talk to the crew or FBO to find out the status, monitor ATC delays, monitor weather.

As stated, flight following falls on a department with other responisbilities, but one area that might be useful is NBAA GA Desk, they can help with EDCT times so that your company can have a good grasp on delays. Hope this helps, let me know if there is any other info that I can assist with

I can tell you what the Fractionals pay, and they are like big corporate flight departments, in a sense: it's all on-demand type stuff, no operational control, but much of the same kind of work.

I know the boss of flight following at Avantair, and they have upped their
starting pay to $40k because they can't find anyone to work there, and the turnover rate is like that of burger king. There are many reasons for the understaffing there...

Netjets starts at about $38, but with superior benefits, and good opportunity for advancement.

If you want to hire good, experienced flight followers, don't pay them the meager wage of $28k and expect them to stay for much more than 6 months, esp. when there are plenty of corp. gigs that pay well.

There is a big difference between being a flight follower and doing the work that is done at the fractionals. At a fractional you will be flight planning, checking weather & notams, atc delays, and flight following, yes, that would warrant 38k, but if all you do is watch flight explorer all day and occasionally call an FBO to find out where an aircraft is than 28k is more sensible. Again, it is all base on what the total responsibilities are.

Back