Continental 3407 ATC Recording

Very sad recording and one has to applaud the flight crews and controllers for their professionalism as this tragedy unfolded over an open freq.

The compassion of the controller giving the crew of the next Colgan flight into BUF the heads up and asking them to prepare themselves made me choke up.

Even though everyone did their jobs and were completely professional you could hear the sadness and tension in their voices - they knew something awful had happened.

The poor souls on 3407 wouldn't have known much about it, it was over in a very short space of time, but for everyone else still in the air and on the ground it was there in stark detail. Don't know how I would handle that - guess nobody does until it happens to them...................

We need to ask God to bless them as well as those who perished that night.

BP244

Very sad recording and one has to applaud the flight crews and controllers for their professionalism as this tragedy unfolded over an open freq.

The compassion of the controller giving the crew of the next Colgan flight into BUF the heads up and asking them to prepare themselves made me choke up.

Even though everyone did their jobs and were completely professional you could hear the sadness and tension in their voices - they knew something awful had happened.

The poor souls on 3407 wouldn't have known much about it, it was over in a very short space of time, but for everyone else still in the air and on the ground it was there in stark detail. Don't know how I would handle that - guess nobody does until it happens to them...................

We need to ask God to bless them as well as those who perished that night.

BP244

Hmmm the tape doesn't go that far (didn't hear another Colgan aircraft on frequency). Not that I really want to listen that far....

Back