Content on pilot resume

pscraig

I'm constructing my aviation resume, and have used the resume Doug posted on the site as a general guide. However, I have some additional training that I feel might be worth mentioning on a resume, like an upset/spin recovery course and an FAA aeromedical physiology course. What kind of heading would I places these under? "Additional Training?" I'm not sure they belong under education.

Sounds good to me!

Well it depends on what type of job you're applying for.

If it's a pretty "busy" resume already, I might leave it out, but if you need to fill up some space, I'd reccomend a section like "related training" (or something else) because the term 'additional training' made me think about failing a checkride.

But that's just me!

"because the term 'additional training' made me think about failing a checkride."

LOL.. I'm really tired and that sounded funny.

I had a "Flight Training" section for all flight training and ratings and an "Education" section for college degrees.

How bout "sh*t I've done in my spare time"? Just an idea.
Actually, where did you do the spin recovery course at? Was it any good...worth the money? I've been thinking about doing one also.

[ QUOTE ]
How bout "sh*t I've done in my spare time"? Just an idea.
Actually, where did you do the spin recovery course at? Was it any good...worth the money? I've been thinking about doing one also.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did the spin/upset recovery course while I was at Flightsafety. Worth every penny of the cost, as it contributed more to my understanding of flight and added more to my confidence than any other training I have received. It's also the most fun I've had in an airplane. Too short though, only 4 hours. Might have to take a refresher sometime
smile.gif

I also learned a lot at the aerospace physiology course-you get hypoxia for real, and really learn to recognize your own symptoms. I lost most color perception early on, and realized I had it bad when I couldn't find the MDA on an approach plate.

[ QUOTE ]
If it's a pretty "busy" resume already, I might leave it out, but if you need to fill up some space, I'd reccomend a section like "related training" (or something else) because the term 'additional training' made me think about failing a checkride.

But that's just me!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think mine falls into the latter category, as I'll be a newly minted CFI when I put this resume to use and will have lots of extra space.

Back