Constanti.... Istanbul, Turkey

It IS man! Joint-owned between me and Delta Employee's Credit Union! :)

It IS man! Joint-owned between me and Delta Employee's Credit Union! :)

Lol...good one.

Mine is a hooptie...fo sho'

Just put $1350 into it 3 weeks ago when teh cat went out taking both O2 sensors with it as well as messing up the timing. They said I was running on only two cylinders.

Now the "tumblers" in the ignition might be going out, and I have to have a WWF fight to turn the ignition to start the car...

Stupid american crap car. Anyway thinking of a Civic Si in the fall when the current hooptie is paid off.

But, I dream in color of a 370Z. But don't want to drop all my recession fun on a $10k down...

But, if I did I'd race you in your hooptie Taylor, and probably lose!

:buck:

I just spent a few minutes reviewing this thread and two others in the photo section (Doug again and FlyingSig).

Assuming I get there, then in about a week I'll be trying to get on this flight out of IST to JFK. Any of you ER folks recall any weight restrictions? In Kiev last month I was getting a little nervous as the station manager had us non-revs wait around the ticket counter area until he knew the cargo numbers. This flight will be just as full if not a bit more. Flight time is about the same. Oh well, I have the same flight as a backup the next day and ZEDs through AMS on the smurfs.

I am looking forward to seeing this city. I've never heard one bad thing about it.

Efes pretty good? Rhetorical question; I'll find out myself. :p

Doug! I don't know how this slipped by me...ask any self respecting Greek what that "Turkish coffee" was, and they will tell you it is Greek coffee :D Awesome pics though!

Lucky for you, I brought back a straight-up legit hookah! But it's for me. :)
Haha as soon as I saw the thread title I was like 'he better have some hookah pictures in there!'

If my guess is right, those are some pretty nice hookahs for sale. Any idea how much they were retailing for?

I just spent a few minutes reviewing this thread and two others in the photo section (Doug again and FlyingSig).

Assuming I get there, then in about a week I'll be trying to get on this flight out of IST to JFK. Any of you ER folks recall any weight restrictions? In Kiev last month I was getting a little nervous as the station manager had us non-revs wait around the ticket counter area until he knew the cargo numbers. This flight will be just as full if not a bit more. Flight time is about the same. Oh well, I have the same flight as a backup the next day and ZEDs through AMS on the smurfs.

I am looking forward to seeing this city. I've never heard one bad thing about it.

Efes pretty good? Rhetorical question; I'll find out myself. :p

You know, I think we took nonrevs in and took nonrevs out when I did the trip. I think IST is daily service now so you don't have to worry about cargo building up on 48 hr layovers.

Efes is beer. Mediocre, but easy to find.

I do not always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer to drink local. :) (bad rip-off of the Dos Equis commercial)

You know, I think we took nonrevs in and took nonrevs out when I did the trip. I think IST is daily service now so you don't have to worry about cargo building up on 48 hr layovers.

I do not always drink beer, but when I do, I prefer to drink local. :) (bad rip-off of the Dos Equis commercial)

Stay thirsty my friend!

3453714718_0f09316d70_m.jpg

Titled: "The FO and I enjoying a snack:" :confused:

I could have sworn you were bleck...

...I always get you and jtrain confused.

:p

Beat me to it I was gonna say the same thing....But but you are bleck! (ref: Lethal Weapon 2)

Haha now you MUST do a doug version of the XX commercial!

Thanks for the pics - makes my job easier knowing that one day things will get better :eek:

For future reference if anyone comes back to this thread before they do a trip to Istanbul like I just did.

I loved the city! The descriptions and photos by Doug and FlyingSig sum it up. Everyone was very friendly and helpful to me the American tourist, too. Very inexpensive compared to western Europe.

As far as the non-rev thing. I ended up coming in and out on KLM. In because of my schedule, out because I couldn't get on Delta. It went out with 21 seats open today and it is now 7x weekly service but after a conversation with one of the station manager type people on the way back to immigration after the boarding finished, he said it is very common at IST that they need to cut it off with seats remaining due to the volume of cargo that is regularly loaded on the flight.

However, it was very close as to whether or not myself and four other non-revs would get on, because four non-revs did get on ahead of us. So it was right on the line. Just a heads up to anyone going to IST. I ended up having a good time here in Amsterdam with some people I met in the hostel anyway.

Back