Connecting/Non Connecting flight?

jholloway_1

Ok, I was just checking our flight status before we start our trip to Dallas, and I happened to notice that we fly from DFW to Houston Hobby, and then somehow we fly from Houston Bush to Cancun. I'm not really understanding how we're supposed to get from Hobby to Bush. My mom booked this trip through travelocity, as one of those package deals, and apparantly she didn't check the flight out very well. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Are we required to "switch" airports on our own? I'm going to start calling people, but just wondering if anyone knows whats going on, cuz I sure don't.

Flight: Continental Airlines flight 3632 operated by ATLANTIC SOUTHEAST
DBA DELTA (Non-stop)
Depart: Dallas/Ft Worth, TX (DFW) - Terminal Information Unavailable
Mon, Dec 22 at 7:50 AM
Arrive: Houston, TX Hobby (HOU) - Terminal Information Unavailable
Mon, Dec 22 at 9:00 AM
Seat: Check in at Airport for Seat Assignment
Flight Time: 1 hrs 10 min
Mileage: null miles
Meal: N/A
Note: This code may be used at the airline's self check-in
kiosk.
Mon, Dec 22 at 12:10 PM
Arrive: Cancun, Mexico (CUN) - Terminal Information Unavailable
Mon, Dec 22 at 2:20 PM
Seat: Check in at Airport for Seat Assignment
Flight Time: 2 hrs 10 min
Mileage: null miles
Meal: N/A
Note: This code may be used at the airline's self check-in
kiosk.

You are, in all probability, responsible for getting yourselves to the other airport. AA used to do this sometimes too in New York with international connections, most of AA's domestic NY flying is done out of LGA, and most of the international flying is done out of JFK. So you have to cab it between airports. There may be a shuttle that runs between IAH and HOU. Maybe try checking out the airports websites, there may be info there about connecting between aiports.

Man...that's strange. Travelocity shouldn't be allowed to do that. I hate to think of how many folks might not catch that one. Can you see some poor elderly people walking around HOU looking for the CO flight to Cancun...

So after 30 minutes of being on hold, travelocity informed me that we are infact responsible for our own transportation between the two airports. Is this possible? the airports are 30 miles apart, on opposite sides of Houston. Our flight is supposed to arrive at 9:00am, so I'm guessing that we'll get out of the airport by about 9:45? About an hour drive (?) and get to the Bush at like 10:45 or 11, for our 12:20 international flight?
Do we take our luggage ourselves? Looks like the first part of this trip is working out just great......

that is very strange...i've heard of AA doing it in NYC, British Airways doing it in London, Air France doing it in Paris, but not this.

The Metro Buses aren't much help in Houston from what i've seen. Try calling Continental and ask them what they recommend.
I'm not sure if there is a shuttle that takes you between Houston's airports or not.

Yeah ... American does it all the time with NYC. They do "technically" offer you enough time to make it a legal connection but there almost definitely is no free bus that will take you or your luggage from one airport to the next. Maybe call Continental and place the blame on your "confused, senior citizen parents who are far too weak to transfer airports." They may offer you some sympathy and reticket you for free.

[ QUOTE ]
....They may offer you some sympathy and reticket you for free.

[/ QUOTE ]
hehehehehe

(Sorry)

Yeah, you're out of luck. Best bet would be to call Delta and see if they can change the DFW-HOU flight to an IAH arrival (for a fee, no doubt). Otherwise, you'll have to do the airport switch. There is no shuttle bus, a taxi will be the order of the day, and it will not be particularly cheap. You'll also be responsible for transporting (including claiming, carrying, and rechecking) your baggage and re-clearing security in Houston. My suggestion is call Delta res (800-221-1212), explain the situation, and beg for mercy. Doubt they'll do anything, but it's worth a try.

If you do get stuck cabbing it, Houston drivers are known to keep their speed up so you should be able to make it across town fairly quickly. Good luck.

FL270

Dont quote me on this but I am pretty sure Continental has a flight to Hobby from Bush. I know they one to Elington (taken that flight before) and if I dont recall I remember seeing one at Bush one time. Why dont you call Continental and see what the deal is...

Continental Express no longer operates the HOU-IAH run (since the turboprops retired) but they still do the crosstown EFD-IAH trip (on the ERJ no less). Unfortunately that won't work as an option. Your layover should be long enough to get across town by cab with no problems if that's what you have to do. Only aggravation will be clearing security. Here's some advice: when you get to IAH Terminal C (where the cab will drop you) after checkin don't use the C checkpoint ... it is always crowded. Go up one level on the escalator, and follow the walkway signs for Terminal E. There is a little-known checkpoint in the E catwalk that usually has very short lines. After clearing security you can walk from E to C or D if that's where your departure gate is. The walk may take a little while, but you'll still save time if there's a long line at the C checkpoint.

FL270

Back