Congress is getting involved

But think back to CFI...THeyre looking at it as a step up from CFIing at $15. You;re looking at it as a step as well...Just looking at to different steps on the ladder. Similar IMO.

But think back to CFI...THeyre looking at it as a step up from CFIing at $15. You;re looking at it as a step as well...Just looking at to different steps on the ladder. Similar IMO.
a HUGE Step BACKWARDS! make that 2 or 3 steps.....

And these "professionals" you hire...is there a particular reason they're paid less than an assistant manager at Taco Bell?

That thought went through my mind instantaneously. Why do the press let such asinine statements go unchecked? Put the real FACTS out and let the public decide.

Quick look on APC. The only ones that pay more than Allegient first year FO are SWA, Delta and AirTran. AirTran is a whopping $2 more an hour while SWA and Delta are both $52/hr. US Airways pays more, but only if you get the E190. Going to CAL or United would be a pay cut for me as well. Guess I should cross jetBlue off, too. They only pay $40/hr to their first year FOs. I love how guys say Allegient would be dragging down the industry, but no one would make a peep if I went to CAL and flew for $11/hr less the first year with no health insurance for the first 6 months.

And JetU guys aren't looking at it as a step up from CFIing. They're looking at it as a way to get AROUND CFIing or any other job that's beneath them for learning experience.

Why isn't anyone blaming Continental? Maybe if we put more responsibility on Continental the majors won't be so quick to jump to the lowest bidder?

Yeah, we can blame the Regional Airlines and the pilot groups that are willing to work for them at a ridiculously low wage but the blame falls squarley on the Majors that contract out to the regionals. The Majors save costs by outsourcing their flying to the lowest bidder and then set up a barrier to entry for the pilots by demanding over 1000 PIC at a 121 carrier. How else are you going to get that time unless you work for these crummy paying regionals? They have the whole system rigged to save them money and we're the pawns going along with it because we act like sheep that have no other choice.

Then you have mainline guys that have been working for over 25 years looking down their noses at these regional guys and chastising them for "stealing" their flying and bringing the payscale down do the detriment to the whole industry while it's the major airline that they're flying for that is to blame for "giving" the flying to the lowest bidder and setting up a barrier to entry to work for them. Believe me, I would love to fly for a mainline carrier and not fly for these regionals but it's the only way to get to where they're sitting now.

Back