Congrats to Skywest for winning the UAL contract

fender_jag

Here it is

I apologize in advance if this information has already been posted.
As the majors trend towards more regional service, one can conclude that salaries will begin to normalize (meaning majors' will come down and regionals' will invariably increase).

"Invariably" increase? I hope so. But it doesn't look that way with all the current contracts under negotiation.

[ QUOTE ]
one can conclude that salaries will begin to normalize (meaning majors' will come down and regionals' will invariably increase).

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really did you realize how we got our contract with UAL. Management kind of pulled a fast one on us. Some of us approved a pay freeze thinking we may lose the contract to some other regional, in reality it was a sure thing. Our pay rates will be the same rates we had two years ago! SO there’s no increase in salaries here, just jobs, or lots more overtime.

So RJGirl, were you pleased overall? I understand how many went for the pay freeze thinking they better do that or loose out, but then to find out that you weren't gonna loose the contract anyway and then get stuck with a pay rate two years old must have chapped a few hides. On the other hand you at least still have jobs and maybe overtime. I know I don't have the big picture, care to get into the reality of it? As a pilot, I'm of course on your side, but still am wondering about the meat of the matter.

Where are you based at and what do you typically fly?

You Fly Girl!!
grin.gif

Back