Complex Endorsement Today!

Nick

It was a beautiful afternoon in New Hampshire today. My instructor and I walked out to the ramp ready to do some final patternwork before he signed me off. I was happy because the Mooney M20J I got today was N20JX, the best one in the fleet. Newest, a beautiful paint job with burgundy and gold strips and a white top, nice avionics and leather seats. Excellent condition in general.

We did 3 landings in the pattern and a go-around on one of them. He was happy with them, and so was I. We walked inside and he signed my logbook and off I went!

I did one time around in the pattern and on climbout just as I was turning crosswind at 1000', I really got rocked and that was it. There was only a Baron that took off in front of me, but I guess I hit their wake perfectly. I was surprised at how much it upset my plane though.

The landing I did was PERFECT. I wish someone was in the plane with me to experience it! But, my instructor and a few of my roomates were watching so that's okay!

Now it's onto the "Comlex Aircraft Integration Check", but only after a 1 hour solo flight. I think I'm going to have fun tomorrow morning with that!
Nick

Nice work dude!

Thanks for sharing!
smile.gif

Rock on! You got one up on me. Ive never flown a Mooney, although I would very much like the opportunity. I gotta tell ya man, every aircraft you can get your hands on will contribute to making you a better pilot. I was telling a friend of mine the other day, I like to "collect" different aircraft types in my logbook, mostly to add to my versatility as a pilot. If you spend all of your flight training years in Cessna 172's and Piper Seminoles, you arent gonna learn much about adaptation to airplanes with different charachteristics. So good luck with the rest of the checkout. And BRAVO!

[ QUOTE ]
The landing I did was PERFECT. I wish someone was in the plane with me to experience it! But, my instructor and a few of my roomates were watching so that's okay!

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff...It takes a good bit of skill to grease on a Mooney after only a couple landings.

Back