Commuting out of CLT

chade7320

I have been commuting out of CLT for about the past year, and just figured id ask on here for anybody else doing it what they do for parking? There has to be a better way than parking in long term. Anybody know any hotels that allow it or anything of that nature?

Can you not get access to the employee lot and just pay a yearly fee? I think that's what most people do over there. Depending on your contract (I'm guessing you are with ASA) your company may even pay part or all of your parking fees at your "home" airport.

Can you not get access to the employee lot and just pay a yearly fee? I think that's what most people do over there. Depending on your contract (I'm guessing you are with ASA) your company may even pay part or all of your parking fees at your "home" airport.

Ive tried they told me that parking is to much of a premium over there and that they are only doing employee parking for people Based out of there.

Company only pays for parking in "Domicile" ?

Did you go to the parking office?

I know the lots get pretty full, but I've always been able to find a spot. If they won't sell you a pass you need to try to find someone who lives in The ATL and is based here and work out some sort of "deal" if you know what I mean. ;)

Sell you mine if I move ;) haha..

Before I was based in CLT, I too just did the long term thing. I checked to see if they would sell me a year long parking pass to the employee lot, but they wouldn't. Fortunately, CLT has some of the cheapest long term parking I've seen (other than free, at podunk airport). Oh, and uhhh... Do you know where the employee lots are located? It *might* be beneficial to cruise that road on your way to the long term lot. I've *heard* that sometimes the 'arms' to the lots are broken, or missing altogether. Of course, I wouldn't promote or condone parking in the lots without a valid permit ;)

If you really get in a bind park at the USAir training center. They have a shuttle that runs about every twenty minutes to and from the terminal. They start somewhat early morning and stop around 10-11 at night. You can pick up and schedule and it says the times. That's what I did for a while.

Sell you mine if I move ;) haha..

Before I was based in CLT, I too just did the long term thing. I checked to see if they would sell me a year long parking pass to the employee lot, but they wouldn't. Fortunately, CLT has some of the cheapest long term parking I've seen (other than free, at podunk airport). Oh, and uhhh... Do you know where the employee lots are located? It *might* be beneficial to cruise that road on your way to the long term lot. I've *heard* that sometimes the 'arms' to the lots are broken, or missing altogether. Of course, I wouldn't promote or condone parking in the lots without a valid permit ;)

They give tickets/fines to cars that are parked without the airport tags, I think it's a 45 dollar fine. It's rare to get one, but I know several people that drive different cars to work and when they forgot to transfer the tag they were slapped with a fine.

If you really get in a bind park at the USAir training center. They have a shuttle that runs about every twenty minutes to and from the terminal. They start somewhat early morning and stop around 10-11 at night. You can pick up and schedule and it says the times. That's what I did for a while.

Someone was coming in and stealing catalytic converters at night so there is now a guard posted at the gate.

Some other ideas are local hotels, see if you can set up a monthly park and ride deal.

They give tickets/fines to cars that are parked without the airport tags, I think it's a 45 dollar fine. It's rare to get one, but I know several people that drive different cars to work and when they forgot to transfer the tag they were slapped with a fine.

Someone was coming in and stealing catalytic converters at night so there is now a guard posted at the gate.

Some other ideas are local hotels, see if you can set up a monthly park and ride deal.

Thanks for all the suggestions, yes thank goodness the long term is cheap. Although it did just go up a dollar. But during the summer i could rarely get in the long term lots and parking in daily for 6 days adds up fast.

I hear there gonna pave the overflow lot and buidling two more decks so hopefully they will get that going.

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead, but having trouble here. Recently started with XJT and am going to be commuting from CLT to IAD in the next few weeks. Long term still the best option or what?

I think that Park n' Go is the cheapest. They have a frequent parker program, and will usually set up a deal with you, depending on how many days you park a month. Long Term at CLT is getting rather expensive.

Although I never did it, I heard that the Doubletree (just south of the airport) has a commuter parking program. Back when I looked into it, it was something like $20/month.. but I think I've heard recently it might be as much as $30 or $40/month now.

Does XJT overnight in CLT? When I was with Compass, most of our Compass CLT commuters would park at the hotel that CPZ used in CLT, then ride the hotel van. It was mostly just a deal with the van drivers, and make sure you throw them a couple bucks.. but I don't think there were ever any issues.

I believe CLT airport still has the policy that if you are not based there, you cannot buy a parking pass as they don't have enough room.

Back