Commuter no more!!!

Nah. More like something something and still votes Democrat, forgetting why they escaped CA in the first place. :)

It's not that they want Arizona to become more like California, it's that they want to make sure it DOESNT swing the needle so far that it becomes like Texas, Florida, or Tennessee.

(Although the whole no state income tax part is nice)

It's not that they want Arizona to become more like California, it's that they want to make sure it DOESNT swing the needle so far that it becomes like Texas, Florida, or Tennessee.

(Although the whole no state income tax part is nice)

I mean. Arizona is already like Florida in a LOT of ways. Give me the craziest story subject title line you can think of.

My first guess is Florida. My second guess is Arizona. ;)

You should write the 121.5 guys so they can rescind that awful advice they gave you about not upgrading. ;)

And congrats. Takes about 6 months or so for the commuter Stockholm Syndrome to wear off.

Just listened to the latest 121.5 on my drive hone in the awful SoCal rain, I laughed so hard when they quoted my post above.

And I was impressed that they doubled down on the 'no upgrade advice'... very 2020's - even though for the rest of the episode there was a lot of teasing between the hosts about bad advice.

It really made my night after a day sleep transcon.

The other day I had a conversation with a crew member that was semi-related to this subject, as we got to talking about the usual industry topics (tenure, based, commuter or not, etc.) They said to me that their personal order of operations is 1. Live in base. 2. Furloughed. 3. Redeyes 4. Be a commuter. "Really, furlough is that high on the list?" "Oh yeah, I'd do OnlyFans or go door to door selling vacuums before I'd deal with any of the other options."

The other day I had a conversation with a crew member that was semi-related to this subject, as we got to talking about the usual industry topics (tenure, based, commuter or not, etc.) They said to me that their personal order of operations is 1. Live in base. 2. Furloughed. 3. Redeyes 4. Be a commuter. "Really, furlough is that high on the list?" "Oh yeah, I'd do OnlyFans or go door to door selling vacuums before I'd deal with any of the other options."

Yessssssssssss. And it’s not that I’m in love with where I live, I just have a primal urge to be far away from the airport/work environment when not on duty.

I'm boarding my last ever commute to work (unless they close the base or I lose my mind). I have an exit row to myself on Frontier. Can't wait to get home Saturday and gain back 4-5 days off per month, and ~$1000 per month in commuter expenses.
Glad we could get you to work on this awesome occasion!

Back