Communications Lab.

Heat2151

Hey All,

Is this course, still part of the curriculum, and dose it help with both in-flight and ATC communications.?

Best Regards,
Heat2151

Hey Heat-

The comm lab that they once had, as I understand, is gone. When I took the class it was optional, so I assume it still is. I'd recommend taking it, the instructor (I don't like using other peoples names on the internet w/o their permission) is a former air traffic controller, & a real good guy. I had some bad habits instilled in me from my previous FBO, & he got me talkin' like a real airline captain (Texas drawl & all!).

'naut

Naut,

I will take your advice and sign up, I just hope that this course is still option, when I get there. I spoke with the guy in marketing yesturday, and he was not sure if they still had the class.?

Thanks,
Heat2151

The course is still available and he will teach you as any hours as needed to get you talking well. The class is still optional. I did not take it because FSI told me it was useless unless you have never flown in controlled airspace such as Class Charlie or Bravo. I did all my PPL training in Class Delta and under the Orlando Class Bravo airspace, so I had plenty of communication experience with ATC controllers.

"I did not take it because FSI told me it was useless" I flew a lot in a very busy class c & a little in a class b before coming here & I thought the class was useful. In fact it broke some bad habits instilled in me from my previous FBO.

'naut

Back