Comments & Suggestions Needed...

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
ok, from those who were able to attend... Doug and I are looking for your comments, suggestions and/or problems you encountered over the weekend... We'll take each with some serious consideration and let you know whether we can implement a future change or not.

but we'd really like to know if there's anything we can do that will make NJC 2005 better than NJC 2004. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

feel free to PM them if you don't want to list them here!

Re: Comments & Suggestions Needed...

Note to self: Next time set two alarm clocks or make sure that the hotel one works.

My hotel alarm clock was busted as well, I used the alarm clock on my cell phone, but, at hotels I always use "2" alarms.

[ QUOTE ]
Note to self: Next time set two alarm clocks or make sure that the hotel one works.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a lesson learned early on in most pilot's careers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif It's happened to us all a time or two!

The only 'problem' we encountered, (and this wasn't really a problem,) was not being able to check in to the hotel right away when we got there. But really, we arrived at 11am, that's very early in the day, and we didn't expect to be able to check in, we were just hoping they had a room available because we were so tired we wanted to catch a quick nap before everything started. I think next year we'll come out a day early, and arrive in the afternoon.

A suggestion for next year is a canyon tour on Scenic Airlines. We're willing to organize it, not sure when the best time/day would be. It's something I've wanted to do, but last time we were out there the flights were getting cancelled because of winds in the canyon. I'm not sure of costs or anything, but I think it would be a lot of fun!

Hold it here in PHX next year ... (only half kidding) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Don't schedule it during hurricane season.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I think it went well, the only suggestion that I have is after you make the initial welcome at the podium is to go around the room and have everyone say their name, screen name and a little background. That way we all know who is there and breaks the ice a little -

[ QUOTE ]
I think it went well, the only suggestion that I have is after you make the initial welcome at the podium is to go around the room and have everyone say their name, screen name and a little background. That way we all know who is there and breaks the ice a little -

[/ QUOTE ]

The event was flawless. The above mentioned is a great idea!

You could always have it in New York City so Iain can go to a REAL strip club - Scores. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spin2.gif

I would suggest starting saving earlier, more money for strippers.

Ed would suggest booking 2 if not 3 different airplanes, that way one should work!

The only catch is everyone who was flying in their own aircraft actually either ended up missing the event or driving!

Dude, you SO punk'd me that morning!

"Hon, holy sh**, Iain and Ed aren't going to make it."

"What? Tell 'em to drive!"

"He says his car won't make it..."

Absolutely meeting the first night upstairs at Nine Fine Irishmen.

Tony can fawn over his little "Susie Derkins"/"Winnie Cooper" and the rest of us can mingle!

Eek, I'm showing my age!

Alright, I'm coming next year. You guys better hold me to that or it'll never happen. Sounds like too much of a good time for me to miss it. Though spending the weekend doing nothing in North Dakota is pretty appealing...wait...no.

Considering we went from 8 in 2003 to about 60 people in 2004, and then ended the night at 0700, you'd be a fool to miss it!

Lots of goodies, some Level D flight simulator time, networking and good times!

[ QUOTE ]
Don't schedule it during hurricane season.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

[/ QUOTE ]hmmm... i dunno bout that one.. how bout "move out of florida"???? hahahahha

Sorry bout waking you up so early Dan!!! we never did find Mikey...

[ QUOTE ]
Hold it here in PHX next year ... (only half kidding) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]hmmm.... how bout "rent a newer plane (one that won't break down) to fly-in with"????? hahahahhaa

sorry you couldn't make it bud, next time - ask us for a ride, you can bum with us!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] we'll probably do a little musical chairs thing next time... but I figured the lanyards with the badges would break the ice ok because it had the name of the person and JC name on them/city & state as well... did they not really work all that well?

I think part of the problem is that we had chairs which meant people could sit and then they didn't get up and mingle....if not for Shelley (Cargopusher) and Robin's (SunkinlunkinCFI) Hand/Eye coordination game, doug would have had to hum a tune to play musical tables!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tony can fawn over his little "Susie Derkins"/"Winnie Cooper" and the rest of us can mingle!

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO! I still can't remember what her face looks like......

[ QUOTE ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMAO! I still can't remember what her face looks like......

[/ QUOTE ]

was that the waitress at 9FI? if so she was absolutely smokin hot!!!

Yeah she was, but I can't remember her face either ... my attention was distracted by what was pouring out of her blouse whenever she walked by ...

Back