Comm XC

E_Dawg

Did my long Comm XC today; 5.8 hours on the hobbs
shocked.gif
; big hit on the wallet! Went SNA MRY L52 (Oceano; by Pismo Beach) SNA in the 172R; it was a blast!!!

Anyone else flown into MRY??? That LOC DME approach is WILD. I took a visual (didn't have DME anyways) but even then I was skimming the mountain the whole way down (basically the airport is at sea level and there's a 4500' mountain that gradually descends with you on approach).

I knew I was getting close when I got to talk to Oakland Center; not to mention Norcal approach!

220 hrs now... Comm/CFI are getting close; hope I can cram it all into my head by the time I take the rides!

I'll post pics when I can save up to get 'em developed (shouldn't take more than a few months to get the money together).

[ QUOTE ]
I'll post pics when I can save up to get 'em developed (shouldn't take more than a few months to get the money together).

[/ QUOTE ]

Talkin' like a CFI already!
laugh.gif

Good luck!
smile.gif

Congrats, Im supposed to be doing my long commercial cross cross country solo this week too, provided the weather works out
smirk.gif
Sounds like you got to file IFR for your yours, im kinda envious ours here at the acedemy has to be VFR.

Shoulda gone another 10 miles or so to WVI, and I woulda said howdy to you
smile.gif

Yeah, that LOCDME 28 into MRY is weird. If you actually follow it, you are way high over the field, but they'll put you on ILS for 10 if it is really down that low.

The NDB into 10 at MRY is even more fun, always get a bounce off those mountains, and if you follow it, steers you out towards the carmel way rather than the airport.

If you were on 28, likely saw the AMA Superbike races out at Laguna Seca on the way in.

Yeah, Oceano is one of the coolest fields in the state. Short, fun, clean, and really near the beach.

I'll be doing my long x-country for commercial down to that end of the state soon.

Josh

Back