Comm ride; Equipment Lists

E_Dawg

OK, I'm flying a 1973 Piper Arrow for the ride... There is no equipment list in the crappy POH; anyone know if there even is an equipment list for an airplane from '73?

I'll call the club tomorrow, for now they're closed and I'm planning the xc for the ride with the TC 'inop' (situation given). If there is one, great... but if not, anyone know what to do so you're in compliance with 91.213? Thanks!

[ QUOTE ]
but if not, anyone know what to do so you're in compliance with 91.213?

[/ QUOTE ]

A little acronym for you, if you haven't already heard it. If a piece of equipment goes inop., and you do not have an MEL, use this:

KART PP

K- Kinds of Operations Equipment List (the day-night-VFR-IFR thing in the POH. Determine your "kind of operation", and then continue below)
A- Airworthiness Directives (is the equipment req'd by an A.D.?)
R- Regs. (Is it required by 91.205 for your particular scenario?)
T- Type Certificate (Was it required for type certification?)

P- Placarded/Removed (self explanitory)
P- Pilot's Discretion

Hope that helps...I know it helped me when I took my COMM ride!
smile.gif

ESF.....I just put 2 and 2 together, and realized it was you!!!! If I had recognized the avatar sooner, I'd have disagreed with you!!!
tongue.gif

There has to be an equipment list with the weight and balance data. I'd look on the aft baggage, or wherever, and see if it's stuck in with the airworthiness certificate.

I don't see any reason you couldn't go without a TC if it's VFR. It would have to be removed or placarded and don't forget the mechanics sign off in the logbook.

[ QUOTE ]
ESF.....I just put 2 and 2 together, and realized it was you!!!! If I had recognized the avatar sooner, I'd have disagreed with you!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang it!!!!! I was trying to disguise myself, lol!
laugh.gif

Just kidding...
wink.gif

Hows the weather down TN way, mtsu? I flew up the leading edge of that frontal system this morning from Atlanta....rough ride, lots of rain, but helluva tailwind. Was it as bad as the news said it was going to be?

Hey Ed, didn't you say you were in AOPA magazine or something?

Hey ESF thanks for the acronym... I knew the stuff but that acronym really hepls as a memory aid.

DE727UPS thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Guess I'll have to head over to the club tomorrow to see exactly what it says... but I'm sure the TC isn't req anyways

Doug, yeah I'll be in the next FLYING magazine (95% sure, if not it'll be the one after that). I'm in the 'Flying Checkride' column so basically they're gonna tell the everyone what I need to work on
crazy.gif
smirk.gif

Anyways the ride won't be tomorrow like I thought... the DE's a test pilot and a meeting popped up so it'll be postponed to this weekend.

Back