Comair Severance

Wow. Almost wished that I stayed around. Would really help starting over at another airline.

Wow. Almost wished that I stayed around. Would really help starting over at another airline.

I hear ya... I don't regret taking the early out when I did though... Betting on a better-than-contract package would have been a real roll of the dice. Glad to hear it for everyone still around though. Best of luck to you all.

Just to make sure they don't have too many cancellations in the last few weeks. Talk about an IROP protection.

Of course they did more than they were required to.

It's not that much for everybody. That figure also includes the COBRA payments and vacation and sick time as well. I think most topped out FOs (so, all of them) are walking away with about $9000. Not bad, btr certainly not the figure quoted in the article.

That article is a little misleading, not every pilot is getting $31k. Yeah, it might sound like a lot, but imagine you spent your entire career there, that severance is nothing.

I'm sure it's cash and prizes with a retail value of "X" but when it comes down to dollars in the pocket, it's most likely significantly south of the publicized figures.

I'm surprised management put that number out there. Seems more like a "don't hate us, local economy".

I'm confident that its nowhere near enough to alleviate the burden and shock of being on the unemployment line in an industry with few opportunities to make a move and secure that level of income.

It still sucks to be losing your job sure... When I was let go of my corporate gig a few yrs back I got 2 weeks extra pay, just a fraction of the "reduced" pay of what were debating these guys will get. But is there a normal standard? Did the guys at Skybus, Astar, ChampionAir, Kittyhawk, PanAm, or Eastern get severance pay?

Have other airlines been good about giving comair people interviews?

Career fair in DTW last week had some companies visiting.

Compass was there to bring interested people in for interviews/pool placement via application process.
Trans States was doing on site interviews / placement for classes. GoJet side supposedly not accepting anymore resumes/hires.
Republic talking to people. Amount/rate/if hiring not overheard??
American Eagle had a table setup and talking to people.
Cape Air had a table setup and talking to people.
Air Wisconson had a table setup and talking to people.
Some overseas placement companies also had tables and talking to people.

I'm surprised more people aren't looking at emerging markets like Asia and the Middle East.

If Southernjets furloughed me or went away, "Ziajian" my friends.

Seen too much of the world to layover in Des Moines.

Sent from my TRS-80

I'm surprised more people aren't looking at emerging markets like Asia and the Middle East.

If Southernjets furloughed me or went away, "Ziajian" my friends.

Seen too much of the world to layover in Des Moines.

Sent from my TRS-80

Air Astana is hiring onto the 757. Kazakhstan this time of year is VERY NICE.

Borat.jpg

Derg, I can give you free Chinese lesson if you like. Learn to speak Mandarin. :D

Might take you up on that!

A very good friend of mine was looking for a Falcon pilot and if I had the type, and... Well.... Some experience with the culture, I'd have been all over that! :)

Sent from my TRS-80

Back