Comair forgets to pay the phone bill!

dakovich

yup, Phones in JFK ops were turned off today because somebody didn't pay the phone bill! Now thats ghetto fab right there. I like to think someone just forgot to pay the bill, but considering CMR's current situation its kind of scary/funny.

For a while at MAG the SOC phone showed up as "Unknown Number" -- I never answer phone calls for Unknown Numbers, even on reserve!

yup, Phones in JFK ops were turned off today because somebody didn't pay the phone bill! Now thats ghetto fab right there. I like to think someone just forgot to pay the bill, but considering CMR's current situation its kind of scary/funny.

Funny would be if crew scheduling didn't have phone service.

Imagine the mayhem!

hahahaha. now thats funny.
Its just my impression though, that everytime im in the lounge-there isnt alot of "business" calls being made. Maybe the fax machine gets some use, but besides that-the phones are dead, especially when compared to any office in the flight ops offices in CVG.

Strange, I just walked past the lounge and didn't see much panic emanating from the CMR lounge/Dunkin Donuts area!

I guess there's not alot of CVG people sitting in the lounge then....
if there was-you could probably hear the complaining from outdoors.....blah blah blah blah GLOOM AND DOOM blah blah blah.....

JFK based people, for the most part, i'm sure you could yell FIRE or throw a fake grenade in, and we would just look back and take our time with a reaction,and still it would probably be quiet. lol.

if there was-you could probably hear the complaining from outdoors.....blah blah blah blah GLOOM AND DOOM blah blah blah.....

JFK based people, for the most part, i'm sure you could yell FIRE or throw a fake grenade in, and we would just look back and take our time with a reaction,and still it would probably be quiet. lol.

I do love the JFK atmosphere and the crews there. Its like working at a different airline until all the 70/90 crews invade on their 3 hour sits.

The senior guys at CVG are too busy picking up trips in open time to complain (at the same time that pilots are furloughed or going to be furloughed).
(Rumors I heard from the Mother Ship (CVG) was that there were older senior guys bragging about the trips they picked up as extra flying, overheard by a pilot that was soon to be furloughed).

I can have a 4 hour sit in CVG and still not go to that depressing crew lounge! The CVG guys say they want no part of JFK, but yet they show up at our crew lounge when they have an hour sit.

yeah, they got them all turned back on within a couple hours. we all just laughed it off as a "whatcha expect" kind of thing. We JFK guys seem to laugh more than the CVG guys. Two different worlds and two different experiences with the company over the years I think.

The senior guys at CVG are too busy picking up trips in open time to complain (at the same time that pilots are furloughed or going to be furloughed).
(Rumors I heard from the Mother Ship (CVG) was that there were older senior guys bragging about the trips they picked up as extra flying, overheard by a pilot that was soon to be furloughed).

I can have a 4 hour sit in CVG and still not go to that depressing crew lounge! The CVG guys say they want no part of JFK, but yet they show up at our crew lounge when they have an hour sit.

Yeah....i've had some instances where my patience has run out with them....

My favorite story of taking a stab at them one time-
As I’m walking into ops (with bags in tow) to start a trip-the little hallway that you must pass through is cluttered with other bags. So as I’m pulling through, my bag taps another, and the other bag lays back towards a really old guy.
THE BAG DOESN’T FALL ON HIM- it only laid back and tapped him.
The old guy spins around, looks at me (still trying to navigate the minefield of bags in a narrow hallway) and sarcastically says “What are you trying to do? Put me on workman’s comp????” NOT IN A JOKING TONE.
Of course as this happens, some of my FO friends see this, and are laughing watching me from afar. So when I finish walking past the bags, by friend jokingly & loudly asked me-“Are you trying to kill some of these old guys???”
So my reply- (in normal talking volume) – “MAYBE IF I DID I COULD GET AN UPGRADE!!!!”

The FO’s that heard it broke out laughing and my friend also. That guy is now on furlough....and will be missed until or if he comes back.

Captains heard nothing-they were to busy going immediately back to bickering among themselves.

Yeah....i've had some instances where my patience has run out with them....

My favorite story of taking a stab at them one time-
As I’m walking into ops (with bags in tow) to start a trip-the little hallway that you must pass through is cluttered with other bags. So as I’m pulling through, my bag taps another, and the other bag lays back towards a really old guy.
THE BAG DOESN’T FALL ON HIM- it only laid back and tapped him.
The old guy spins around, looks at me (still trying to navigate the minefield of bags in a narrow hallway) and sarcastically says “What are you trying to do? Put me on workman’s comp????” NOT IN A JOKING TONE.
Of course as this happens, some of my FO friends see this, and are laughing watching me from afar. So when I finish walking past the bags, by friend jokingly & loudly asked me-“Are you trying to kill some of these old guys???”
So my reply- (in normal talking volume) – “MAYBE IF I DID I COULD GET AN UPGRADE!!!!”

The FO’s that heard it broke out laughing and my friend also. That guy is now on furlough....and will be missed until or if he comes back.

Captains heard nothing-they were to busy going immediately back to bickering among themselves.

HaHa! Hey, wait....that is an idea!!!

Back