Coma

Louie1975

OK:
A week or so ago, Doug mentioned that unless you are in a coma, everyone has called the FAA to have there info made private and not available to the public. I will confess that I am one of those who are comatose. So hence the following two questions:

1.) What does it mean that your FAA records are public and what are the consequences of leaving it this way?

2.) How does one change this status?

Thanks!

Louie

[ QUOTE ]
OK:

1.) What does it mean that your FAA records are public and what are the consequences of leaving it this way?

2.) How does one change this status?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. If someone checks the FAA records, such as by looking here: FAA Airmen Inquiry , they will be able to see your name, address, class of medical and issue date, and certificates and ratings held and issue date.

2. You can block out the address information if you want, I believe by logging in at this site: FAA Airmen Web Page

[ QUOTE ]
Girlfriend in a coma...I know, I know....it's serious......

[/ QUOTE ]

Let me whisper my last goodbye...

Basically a good deal of your information is available on the internet, free to anyone who wants to peek, or gather information on stealing your identity.

It used to (or still does, I dunno) your address information including your certificate number, which coincidentally once upon a time was your social security number unless you changed it.

Back