Color Vision Flowchart

My Flight Surgeon

Sr. Aviation Medical Examiner
The attached file is the FAA's flowchart for color vision testing and which limitations are applicable.

Attachments

• Color%20Vision%20Testing%20Flowchart[1].pdf
    21.4 KB · Views: 641
If I'm reading that correctly, to obtain a 1st class medical LOE you need to take the day vision test as well as a flight test.

Is this the flow after a failed FALANT test, or the regular color vision test?
Can a passed FALANT test lead to a LOE for a 1st class medical?

Thanks!

If I'm reading that correctly, to obtain a 1st class medical LOE you need to take the day vision test as well as a flight test.

Is this the flow after a failed FALANT test, or the regular color vision test?
Can a passed FALANT test lead to a LOE for a 1st class medical?

Thanks!

It is after you fail a color vision test and that failure has been reported to the FAA.

Answer to question 2 is NO. It used to be that way prior to 2007 but the rues changed. You now must pass the OCVT 9operational color vision test) as well as the MFT (medical flight test) to get a LOE for class 1 color vision.

I took the signal light gun test back in '96 and passed. Was given a SODA which later became converted to a LOE. Am I grandfathered in when I go for my next medical, or do I have to go through the new vision tests? I have a 3rd class now, but what if I want to upgrade to 2nd or 3rd? I seem to remember the LOE saying it was good for any class (but I'll have to dig it out).

I took the signal light gun test back in '96 and passed. Was given a SODA which later became converted to a LOE. Am I grandfathered in when I go for my next medical, or do I have to go through the new vision tests? I have a 3rd class now, but what if I want to upgrade to 2nd or 3rd? I seem to remember the LOE saying it was good for any class (but I'll have to dig it out).

You are grandfathered.

Hi,

I hear, that if I approve the Falant test or any other test allow by the FAA, They are going to remove the restrition, but every year when I try to renew my Medical certificate . I must to retake the test, If I do not decided to take the OCVT and the MFT.

Is this true?

Its really hard to find a place to take these medical test. Is there a place where I can take all these test?

Back