College or Etihad Cadet Pilot Program

I would totally go to Etihad. You could still take all your classes on-line while you are there. That's an awesome opportunity at your feet. If I didn't have a child and a girlfriend I would be there in a heartbeat.

How much College do either of you guys have? I'm still working on my associates degree and I didn't apply with them because I thought they required a secondary degree. IF thats not the case then I may have to convince the girlfriend that I'll be gone for 6 years...

How much College do either of you guys have? I'm still working on my associates degree and I didn't apply with them because I thought they required a secondary degree. IF thats not the case then I may have to convince the girlfriend that I'll be gone for 6 years...

Secondary School is what they call High School.

I have 1 year of College so far.

hey guys ...

name is aqeel ..
first of all congrats to all that have been selected for interview process.. and i wish u all the very best and hope u get selected.
ive got 1 1/2 year left in my degree in airline and airport then im am gonna apply.
i was advised by some friends who i know that are pilot for singapore qatar and etihad. and they advised to do my degree first.

but anyway good luck guys and keep in touch and let me know of wot happens in interview and wot tests and stuff

all the very best

AQEEL

sorry to bump this.

I'm from Canada and i applied to this program and I emailed them to follow up, but i get a return address email.

I really want to pursue this as a career.

Can someone please guide me? thanks.

AFAIK its open for expats too.

they had a roadshow in NYC and PHX

i got their email address in other thread and I will contact them :D

Go to college. If you lose your medical you're screwed as a pilot.

Among other things. What if you don't complete the yearlong program? What if you decide to quit within that 72 month contract? Also it's not as if you're going to your national airline. You'll have to go to the other side of the world where the culture is completely opposite of what you're used to and expect to perform perform well. Someone I know of in UAE, put it beautifully, if you're Western, Abu Dhabi is going to feel like a compound rather than a free state. Still if you're single he says, it's a great life, however how long is that going to last?

For at least the first year, you'll spend a LOT of time in a classroom. Remember that the JAA written is fourteen exams. That's pretty much one a month. Time is going to be a factor. Don't cheat yourself out of college if you've earned it. Enjoy dorm life and the new friends- there is no other time in your life that will compare. You'll regret missing out on it.

Back