Colgan's newest ATS

Qgar

That would be ME! I went to HEF yesterday for training to be an ATS (Air Transportation Supervisor). Fancy term for Check FA who gets to do IOE's and line checks. Should be "fun" playing bad cop to FA's who've been written up for something. Hopefully, I'm up to the challenge. :)

That would be ME! I went to HEF yesterday for training to be an ATS (Air Transportation Supervisor). Fancy term for Check FA who gets to do IOE's and line checks. Should be "fun" playing bad cop to FA's who've been written up for something. Hopefully, I'm up to the challenge. :)

Woo Hoo!

You go, Girl!

You're up for it or they wouldn't have picked you...

Use your common sense and life experience to be the best at this job and you can't go wrong.

Kevin

Congrats Q! Like Staplegun said....they wouldn't have picked you if they didn't think you were up to the challenge. Nice job! :)

Congrats Q!!! Make sure the naughty FA's get a really hard spanking...yeah, a really, really bad spanking....*drool*

Good luck, and enjoy your new job! :nana2:

Haven't you been a FA like for less than a year?

Do you have to bid for this position based on your seniority or based on your merits?

Big congrats! If there is any spanking of the younger girls in store like the poster above said...I am a cash buyer for pictures and/or video.

Have fun and great job!

Good!!! hopefully you can straighten up some of the younger generation and get them off the entitlement track?!

Congrats!! :D

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! :)

Mariano, I'm there 6 months, no secret about that. Oh, and I didn't "bid" for the position. I was recommended for it by my supervisor at EWR and an instructor who taught me at Q training class.

Kristie, just so no one thinks I'm hatin' on the young people AGAIN---- ;) I have found some of the older people, (both in age AND seniority) who should know better, are the ones who are suspect. Believe me, I know I'm FAAARRRRR from perfect, but at least I give it 100% every day. Sadly, there are people who don't and who don't think the rules and regulations apply to them. A microcosm of our society, I guess! :rolleyes:
The biggest complaint from me and many other FA's? Other FA's not tidying up the plane and tossing the trash for the next crew. Do you have any idea how infuriating that is? You come on probably for a quick turn and can't start your own pre-flight since you have to do someone else's work for them. I really think some FA's think they're "too good" to tidy up.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! :)

Mariano, I'm there 6 months, no secret about that. Oh, and I didn't "bid" for the position. I was recommended for it by my supervisor at EWR and an instructor who taught me at Q training class.

Thanks for the explanation, I guess that if your bosses recommended you (being so junior) you must be good. Congratulations!! :)

I might be working with Q400's also, in the maintenance side. I have one year left to finish A&P school, well actually is going to be a little longer because I'm going to miss this coming Fall-term at school: I'll be doing Infantry training down at Fort Benning, Georgia.

Horizon is a big employer here in Portland (they have their main maintenance center here), and as you know they're going to be a Q400 only operation in the future.

Good luck in your new gig!!

Back