Colgan Upgrade

houfo

Someone told me the other day that when you upgrade to captain at Colgan you go back to year one captain pay. Is that true?

So far, this is only true at Virgin, another stellar NON-UNION operation.

Keep the faith, Velo! We're doing what we can to right the wrong from last year. There are several of us JC'ers who are on the OC and working to make this a better place to be. It is my opinion (only MY opinion and not that of ALPA) that in another 8 weeks, or so, we will be represented. I figured it would've passed last year....but it didn't. I seriously doubt the group is going to allow the same mistake to be repeated. I, for one, am doing everything in my power to make certain we secure a possitive outcome.

Obviously only time will tell. However, it would certainly help if all our fellow brothers/ sisters out there believe in us and the fact it is GOING TO HAPPEN this time around. :)

[SIZE=+4] www.alpa.org/colgan

[/SIZE]

I have faith in our pilot group this time around, as well. I haven't heard ANYONE saying they didn't want a union representing them in the past several months. Maybe the reality of how a union (read: ALPA) can only improve their QOL and work rules has finally sunk in! :)

Flying with a Captain today that is on the IBT OC and said that they didnt get the cards needed to be on the vote.

However I too believe that by the end of the year we will be an ALPA represented carrier.

Flying with a Captain today that is on the IBT OC and said that they didnt get the cards needed to be on the vote.

However I too believe that by the end of the year we will be an ALPA represented carrier.

That's hilarious considering they said they had more-than-enough to file months ago.

That being said, I welcome the IBT'ers with open arms to join our ALPA ranks and stand united as a pilot group.

Did he say that he would at least vote for a union?
Yup. "We need some type of representation." Is the line.

He plans to write in IBT. But if we get 50% +1 and the majority of those 50% vote ALPA then ALPA is in correct??

Are the pilots writing in IBT the same ones who voted against representation last time and figure this is the best way to avoid any union meddling?

No, a write-in is a vote for representation. The union with the most votes gets the nod for our CBA agent. So, the folks that voted for IBT last year counted toward the total "yes" votes for representation.

Right, so let's say you've got 500 pilots. If 251 vote for a union (ANY union), you're unionized. If 150 vote ALPA, 75 vote IBT and 26 vote for Ma's Trucking School, ALPA is your union since it got the most votes.

I flew with a Capt last week who still favors IBT. His opinion is Alpa is better then nothing. I think we will have enough for it to pass.

Right, so let's say you've got 500 pilots. If 251 vote for a union (ANY union), you're unionized. If 150 vote ALPA, 75 vote IBT and 26 vote for Ma's Trucking School, ALPA is your union since it got the most votes.

Correct.

Back