Colgan confrence call..

More Q400's at the expense of mainline?

I fixed your post.

And its not going to be anything. They said during the last conference call that the biggest thing they got out of our climate survey was that communications between management and the crews needed to be improved, and that they would hold one monthly.

I fixed your post.

And its not going to be anything. They said during the last conference call that the biggest thing they got out of our climate survey was that communications between management and the crews needed to be improved, and that they would hold one monthly.

They also posted a nice flyer telling us how to fix our credit scores... Guess they know FO's really can't survive on the pay rates we currently have. Although $$ > flyer... in my opinion though.

They also posted a nice flyer telling us how to fix our credit scores... Guess they know FO's really can't survive on the pay rates we currently have. Although $$ > flyer... in my opinion though.

I was going post up a thread on JC about that flyer, and the irony of it all.

But then I realized whats the point? Management really doesnt give a about us.

More Q400's at the expense of Expressjet?

Uncle!! Just make it stop....

And yes, it is at the expense of XJT and CAL. Yeah I know, all flying is mainline yadda yadda yadda. But if a flight, let's say IAH-DSM operated by XJT turns into Colgan, then it's at the expense of XJT. Nothing has changed at CAL.

Added Colgan flights that replace CAL or XJT flights will lower the QOL of those pilots while increase the QOL of the Colgan pilots right? It's fairly simple.

You do realize that if we had the exact same contract as XJT, we would still be cheaper right?

Im tired of people that fly these costly RJs knocking on Colgan for flying "your routes." You fly an aircraft that burns more gas, and makes less money. You cant in one thread talk about how you should be able to get more money out of management during negotiations because crews in the grand scheme are a small part of it, but then in another thread talk about how are bringing down the industry with our low pay. Plain and simple, its cheaper the operate turbo prop aircraft. Take XJT crew and CJC crew out of the equation, our number is going to be lower.

today at 2:30.. any ideas?

Rumor from the RCP is that it's 1) announcing the closure of LGA/what's going to happen to the Saabs and/or 2) announcing the bases for the new Qs. But even he wasn't sure, so it could be "last guy out turn off the lights."

I am saying it is at the cost of XJT, that's all. To say otherwise is incorrect. A separate discussion is your compensation which I realize is getting worked on. I'm not sure what you're tying to say regarding my views about pilot compensation with regard to overall costs. So you don't feel that your compensation is detrimental to the industry? That's fine, maintain the status quo. I will continue to believe that flying 70 seat aircraft at rates on par with already established rates of 50 seaters was horrible for our careers. Now you guys get paid LESS than established 50 seat rates flying a plane that already costs less. Go figure.

Rumor from the RCP is that it's 1) announcing the closure of LGA/what's going to happen to the Saabs and/or 2) announcing the bases for the new Qs. But even he wasn't sure, so it could be "last guy out turn off the lights."

Im hoping there is LGA info. We are severely understaffed. Todays morning report actually had a delay and the reason was "Short staffed."

But I have a feeling the reason we arent hiring or upgrading is because as soon as LGA closes, we will be losing alot of flying, and will no longer be understaffed.

I am saying it is at the cost of XJT, that's all. To say otherwise is incorrect. A separate discussion is your compensation which I realize is getting worked on. I'm not sure what you're tying to say regarding my views about pilot compensation with regard to overall costs. So you don't feel that your compensation is detrimental to the industry? That's fine, maintain the status quo. I will continue to believe that flying 70 seat aircraft at rates on par with already established rates of 50 seaters was horrible for our careers. Now you guys get paid LESS than established 50 seat rates flying a plane that already costs less. Go figure.

I wasnt aiming it towards you in particular, just in general.

Yes, our pay is detrimental to the industry. What do you want us to do about it? We are trying. We could all walk off the job, but there are 2000 resumes on Chucks desk right now, thats 4 times our pilot group. Its better to have the current pilot group who is working towards better conditions, than a new group of guys who dont care.

And FYI, I fly a 34 seat aircraft for the same pay that some people get for flying 50 seat aircraft. I dont plan on stepping into the flight deck of our "bread and butter" until we are paid more.

I hear you on that one. My airline just paid to put two gigantic logos in the enterance to our operations and one on the pilot lounge. Nobody who doesn't work here can get down to where they could see them. But now I will never forget who owns me...

the main topic of the call is to discuss the final impact to Colgan due to the USAirways and Delta deal which affects LGA. When USAirways decided to change their system in LGA there has been much speculation. This call will clarify the impact. Yes, there will also be follow up information for those who could not participate on call.

I have a better idea: DUMPSTER DIVING. You would not believe what you will find in a dumpster and you can save so much...what? Why is everyone glaring at me?? :dunno:

I wasnt aiming it towards you in particular, just in general.

Yes, our pay is detrimental to the industry. What do you want us to do about it? We are trying. We could all walk off the job, but there are 2000 resumes on Chucks desk right now, thats 4 times our pilot group. Its better to have the current pilot group who is working towards better conditions, than a new group of guys who dont care.

And FYI, I fly a 34 seat aircraft for the same pay that some people get for flying 50 seat aircraft. I dont plan on stepping into the flight deck of our "bread and butter" until we are paid more.

BTW, nearest Q400 job available is Bangladesh, should anyone happen to leave Colgan now.

Uncle!! Just make it stop....

And yes, it is at the expense of XJT and CAL. Yeah I know, all flying is mainline yadda yadda yadda. But if a flight, let's say IAH-DSM operated by XJT turns into Colgan, then it's at the expense of XJT. Nothing has changed at CAL.

Added Colgan flights that replace CAL or XJT flights will lower the QOL of those pilots while increase the QOL of the Colgan pilots right? It's fairly simple.

I believe the EWR-BTV that used to be flown by CJC is now flown by XJT....THEY TKR JEBS!!!!

Back