Colgan Closes another base.

greaper007

Well those of us based in HPN just found out yesterday that we'll have to find a new base by January 5th. Are we the only ones getting hit this time? Has anyone heard of any other base closures?

I always felt bad for the HPN crews. So damn expensive up there. I was talking to one FO who had an insane drive to/from the airport. He pretty much only got a few hours of sleep a night.

Are any of the HPN guys senior to LGA peoples? I know almost all HPN peoples are on the Q list.

That was me, I drive 88 miles each day to the airport. The drive isn't bad, it's just that earlier this year we had 14.5 hour duty days so I couldn't get enough sleep with the drive. Even with the drive I really liked being based in HPN simply because I could make it home every night.

Looks like LGA is completely filled, 2 lines with about 5 Captains. I think we'll probably be based in IAD which I'm really not happy about. After I lose the COLA and pay for a crashpad it's probably going to be about a $500 hit a month in our already lousy paycheck. That and the W. Virginia flying sucks.

Well at least we still have jobs. I'm just really going to miss watching my son grow up and sleeping with my wife every night.

That was me, I drive 88 miles each day to the airport. The drive isn't bad, it's just that earlier this year we had 14.5 hour duty days so I couldn't get enough sleep with the drive. Even with the drive I really liked being based in HPN simply because I could make it home every night.

The guy I talked to was an FO, and Im pretty sure he lived with his parents.

Either way sucks big time. :( You know for a fact that Colgan wont tell you your new bases until Jan 4th.

EWR is the Q not the Saab, and BOS is a Beech base.

The only other Saab base in the New York area is LGA.

I don't believe BOS is a base right now. The only Beech base(until Sunday) is BHB. I can see BOS maybe opening as a Saab base at some point.

I think Velo has always said he only targets those who directly undercut him. I believe he's said regionals get a pass.

Probably a dumb question, since you don't have a contract yet, but with the company closing a base, do you get any type of assistance financially? Any "moving expenses" money??

[Hijack of topic]

Velo, I alaway wonder how long the flight is from BOS to SEA? Does Alaska fly from PANC to BOS? :confused:

[end of Hijack]

reusme normal programming

Back