CoEX and flow through with Continental?

fly22

If you fly with a regional, let's say Skywest, and you are hired by Continental and someone in your class has been flying Coex will he have senority over you? What about someone who is a class behind you but has been with CoEx for 2-3 years will he also have senority over you supposing you are flying the same bird?

[ QUOTE ]
If you fly with a regional, let's say Skywest, and you are hired by Continental and someone in your class has been flying Coex will he have senority over you? What about someone who is a class behind you but has been with CoEx for 2-3 years will he also have senority over you supposing you are flying the same bird?

[/ QUOTE ]

Time was if you flew for American Eagle, you'd never ger hired by American due to AMR paying double training costs. Still true?

What benefits are there in being part of a flow through regional? I assume none while there is a bad economy

Is that the same for NWA, and DL? They own some of their feeder airlines, Comair, ASA, Pinnacle, Mesaba?

I am guessing no, since it is actually an airline, rather than a name like CoEX, or Eagle.

From what I've heard, flow through isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Co Ex is currently seeing CAL pilots flow backward. I think that Co Ex may actually be furloughing to accept the CAL flowbacks.

I've heard that due to restrictions on the AA agreement, it was easier for a pilot to get hired at AA from a third party carrier than from Eagle.

Even in the best of times people called it trickle through, but i guarantee minds have changed about flow throughs now. I had a friend sitting in training on 9-11 For Coex (Express Jet), Continental Furloughed and pushed alot people down to Coex which furloughed the newhires for a very long time, he is still not back.

[ QUOTE ]
Is that the same for NWA, and DL? They own some of their feeder airlines, Comair, ASA, Pinnacle, Mesaba?

I am guessing no, since it is actually an airline, rather than a name like CoEX, or Eagle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eagle is an Airline, American Eagle, Owned by AMR. Coex was the name before ExpressJet was set for IPO. To my knowledge there are no flow throughs for NW or DL through their whollyowned's.

Back to the original question, my understanding is that flow-throughs to CAL from CoEX did not enter class at CAL with any more seniority. At AA, flow-throughs from Eagle did enter class with 2 years of seniority for the purposes of bidding at AA. Both agreements are a bit different. Also, while CAL had many pilots flow-back to CoEx, to date Eagle only has about 15 flow-back pilots from AA that are flying the line.

There are no benefits to working for a regional with flow-through these days, in fact it just presents more headaches.

As for pilots getting hired at AA from Eagle, I hear that it is a little difficult to get an interview, but if you do get one, almost all are hired.

Coex flowthrough pilots maintain their seniority for some purposes, like pass-travel for instance. However, for almost all other seniority purposes (bidding, furlough, etc.) they are newhires when they flow over. Also, they are pay protected in that they maintain their pay as an RJ captain until the CAL payscale catches up. Not a bad deal, but the current iteration of the agreement expires soon ('04). An 'enhanced' flowthrough agreement is currently in the works, but we'll see what happens with that when contract negotiations are complete.

Back