Cockpit Visit!!!!

Re: pit Visit!!!!

I did leave the cockpit before pushback. I did jumpseat on the flight though. I get jumpseat privileges with the airline. The chief pilot of the airline can give my uncle permission for me to be there since I am approved and my airline is approved though.

If all the seats in the back are full, company pilots and codeshare pilots can occupy the jumpseat.

Do any airlines allow cockpit visits on international flights like they used to? I've been to the cockpit countless times when I was younger. Mind you last international flight I was on was back in January 2000.

I've never had any problems talking to the pilots after the flights. Just be courteous and remember that they might be in a rush
grin.gif

I have jump sat while inflight on numerous aircraft (UK registered) to be honest I found it a bit dull, and had way more fun talking to the chapsup there and looking out then what was going on with the aircraft.

I flew from to Atlanta to Corpus Christi on ASA/Delta (I think thats waht it was) yesterday. Asked the FA if there was any way I could get a photo of the Flight Deck and ask the crew a couple of questions. Let me in a couple minutes before takeoff and exchanged a few words, asked if there was any way I could sit jumpseat and though they were a nice crew, I was denied becuase of what he said security reasons. Best bet is right when you board or right when you get off. The key if you're doing it before you get off though is to let everyone else get off before you and slowly walk to the F/O or Captain and ask politely. If you do it before you should kindly ask the FA if sometime before after or durig the flight if you can take a look. Usually they'll let you...

[ QUOTE ]
Let me in a couple minutes before takeoff and exchanged a few words, asked if there was any way I could sit jumpseat and though they were a nice crew, I was denied becuase of what he said security reasons

[/ QUOTE ]

The FAA prohibits the riding of the jumpseat in the cockpit except for a select few such as an FAA inspector, NTSB, company checkairman etc. This was the rule prior to 9/11 on US carriers and is even more difficult today.

Word to the wise. Unless you qualify under current FAR/company Op Specs to occupy the jumpseat, please don't waste your time and the crew's by asking to ride the jumpseat, cause...it ain't gonna happen no matter how nice you ask or how nice the crew might be. They would be in direct violation of the FAR's. Sorry.

[ QUOTE ]
Word to the wise. Unless you qualify under current FAR/company Op Specs to occupy the jumpseat, please don't waste your time and the crew's by asking to ride the jumpseat, cause...it ain't gonna happen no matter how nice you ask or how nice the crew might be. They would be in direct violation of the FAR's. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea I knew it was a long shot, but owe well atleast I asked. Whats the worst that could have happened? They say no...

[ QUOTE ]

Yea I knew it was a long shot, but owe well atleast I asked. Whats the worst that could have happened? They say no...

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoot, with today's TSA and such, you just might be labled a terrorist!

Back