Coca-Cola

JDE

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about flying for Coca-Cola. From what I've found out, they seem to have a pretty diverse fleet of aircraft and it looks like they might a good company to work for. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about flying for Coca-Cola. From what I've found out, they seem to have a pretty diverse fleet of aircraft and it looks like they might a good company to work for. Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well....I doubt they will be going out of business anytime soon.
smile.gif

That's about as good as a company can get.

Coke is based at FTY, Fulton County in Atlanta, GA. I'm sure there are many other "coke" airplanes but those would be distributers. As with any big organization you would have to know someone on the inside or bring something very marketable to the interview table. What can you do for them that no one else can?

[ QUOTE ]
. As with any big organization you would have to know someone on the inside or bring something very marketable to the interview table. What can you do for them that no one else can?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can do a night, low-level, blacked-out first-run attack on an interdiction target with no illumination, no lights, and still sting a shack on across the DMPIs.

Does that count? Or not really what they're looking for?
laugh.gif

LOL
Mike your the man for the job, you never know when the competition needs to be taught a lesson.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That all depends on whether or not Pepsi HQ is within the combat radius of the 'hawg...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That all depends on whether or not Pepsi HQ is within the combat radius of the 'hawg...

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Say....Atlanta to (where's Pepsi located?) Utah? Would need a couple of air refuelings.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Say....Atlanta to (where's Pepsi located?) Utah? Would need a couple of air refuelings.

[/ QUOTE ]

PepsiCo World HQ is located near White Plains, NY; 675 NM from KFTY...
wink.gif
Yes, I have entirely too much time on my hands.
smile.gif

On a different subject, do you have any opinion either way in regards to the current tanker controversy? What's the general feeling 'in the trenches' about the 767 vs A-330? I know that the lease deal is a hugely complicated red-taped political affair, but do you see any clear (dis)advantage to either airframe in a strategic and/or logistical sense? Or am I just wasting my breath, asking a person who really doesn't care much either way??
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PepsiCo World HQ is located near White Plains, NY; 675 NM from KFTY...
wink.gif
Yes, I have entirely too much time on my hands.
smile.gif

On a different subject, do you have any opinion either way in regards to the current tanker controversy? What's the general feeling 'in the trenches' about the 767 vs A-330? I know that the lease deal is a hugely complicated red-taped political affair, but do you see any clear (dis)advantage to either airframe in a strategic and/or logistical sense? Or am I just wasting my breath, asking a person who really doesn't care much either way??
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you ask, I've been personally following the measure. The average fighter pilot probably doesn't know or care.

IMO, the 767 lease is total pork. The whole lease deal stinks of inflated costs and "rob non-existant money from down the road to pay now" philosophy. Not to mention the "insider info" Boeing is alleged to have had regards the Airbus counter-proposal to the government.

Personally, there's a ton of ex airline DC-10 airframes parked in the desert that could be gutted and converted into KC-10s for less than the cost, and more capability, than the 767. Boeing is just trying to find ways to keep the 767 line open.

[ QUOTE ]
Can do a night, low-level, blacked-out first-run attack on an interdiction target with no illumination, no lights, and still sting a shack on across the DMPIs.

[/ QUOTE ]

MikeD, that's not exactly what they mean when they say "Cola War".
smile.gif

But we've got a couple of former Coca Cola corp pilots working for Delta and they seemed to have enjoyed their time there.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are they painted in the Coca Cola paint?????
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

045673.jpg

My kind of plane!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like the Pepsi <font color="blue"> BLUE </font> better!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the 767 lease is total pork. The whole lease deal stinks of inflated costs and "rob non-existant money from down the road to pay now" philosophy. Not to mention the "insider info" Boeing is alleged to have had regards the Airbus counter-proposal to the government.

Personally, there's a ton of ex airline DC-10 airframes parked in the desert that could be gutted and converted into KC-10s for less than the cost, and more capability, than the 767. Boeing is just trying to find ways to keep the 767 line open.

[/ QUOTE ]This doesn't bother me in the slightest. We SHOULD be giving Boeing--the only American widebody jet manufacturer left--preferential treatment; if Boeing tanks, we'll be at the mercy of the bloody Europeans, who had the foresight to give THEIR widebody jet manufacturer preferential treatment from the get-go.

I know Coke flies at least one GV. It is white with a red and green strip on it. Tail # is something N###RW. The RW is for Robert Woodruff who is the CEO who basically made Coke what it is today. Just under the front windshield on both sides I believe "The Wind Ship" is painted in green. I think the CEO wanted that on there.

I serviced it back in Sept and that was all info from the very nice and pleasent to work with pilots.

I believe that was the tail # and the quote though. If not it was something similar to that though.

Well considering that Airbus is not a whole lot more than a European Jobs Program, what the heck...

Back