CMSU

cmsuav8r

Has anyone heard of Central Missouri State University. They are supposed to have one of only 19 accredited flight schools in the country. I just wanted to know if it was worth my time and money to go there.
confused.gif

I went there back in 91, hell i went to highschool just outside of warrensburg. nice town, great party spot within walking distance to dorms, not sure what the planes are like now, airport is about 5-10 miles from the college.
cool.gif

I'll second the partying there. I have been there 3 times and had so much fun kicking a few back and going to the bars. The flight school just got a few brand new 172s and you have KC just 70 miles away for your class B experience. Warrensburg is a great little town.

I'm a graduate of CMSU and also a Flight Instructor there. The airline industry knows us. Especially Chataqua and TransStates at the regional level. A lot of corporate flight departments do as well. Many of the corporate flight departments in Kansas City have a good chunk of CMSU grads.

We operate 16 C-172Rs, 3 C-172RGs, and 2 BE-76 Duchesses. We also have a Piper Seneca, BE-58 Baron, and BE-90 King Air. Also, there are three gliders, a Super Cub, and even a balloon.

I went through the Professional Pilot degree program. It was a good experience. If I had to do it over again, I would have gone with Aviation Management to get more of a business background. That's not to say that the Professional Pilot degree is bad, just that looking back, I wish I had done Av Mgt and taken my flight classes as electives.

It's also a good party school
smile.gif

What are the facilities and aircraft like? Are they in good condition? As of now, CMSU is my first choice.

aviationfreak, do you have a car or are you able to find a way to travel to Warrensburg? If I remember, it is less than an hour and half to Warrensburg from KC. You will learn a lot by looking at the school and touring the facilities for yourself.

I have visited CMSU, not for the aviation program, just to visit friends and party. It is a really good party school and I am sure you will have a blast if you go there.

Back