CMEL & MEI Add-On

Rex_CC

Good evening, guys.

Does anyone know anything about the flight school:“Flight Fast Track”? It is a small business in Punta Gorda, FL.

I believe the gentleman who runs the operation is:”Craig Scully”. I looked him up online, but I did not find much about him, nor about the flight school.

I am seeking to obtain my commercial MEL & MEI add-on in 7-10 days, but I would like to make sure, as much as possible, to invest my money properly.

Thank you!

PS: I already emailed: Traverse Air, Action Multi Ratings, Prairie Air Service, Livingston Aviation & SkyEagle Aviation Academy.

They are all booked out until September/October. SkyEagle Aviation Academy is still available, but the program offered includes 7 hours dual for the CMEL & 7 hours dual for the MEI. When I asked specifically about the requirement listed under 61.183 (j), I did not really received an answer, so I opted out this flight school from my list.

Thank you again for reading my boring post!

Have you looked into Vetter Aviation in Helena, MT? When I emailed them last week, they could get me in the first week of August (which didn't work for me due to work, but may work for you).

Don't forget you need 15 multi PIC for the MEI. Can only log PIC after the CMEL add-on.

Thank you very much for your response.

I contacted Vetter Aviation previously, but they were super busy, and I was looking for something sooner than August. Then, I got busy as well, so I had to focus on other things.

@ahw01 yes, Sir. I counted an average of 13.8 hours PIC to fly, assuming my CMEL check-ride will be about 1.2-1.4 hours.

Thank you very much for your response.

I contacted Vetter Aviation previously, but they were super busy, and I was looking for something sooner than August. Then, I got busy as well, so I had to focus on other things.

@ahw01 yes, Sir. I counted an average of 13.8 hours PIC to fly, assuming my CMEL check-ride will be about 1.2-1.4 hours.
You can't log PIC until you pass the checkride

Yes, I am aware of it. But if I pass the CMEL check-ride, I can log it as PIC already, which takes me down to 13.8 hours to hit the 15 hours PIC [61.183 (j)]

It is the reason why I did not pick SkyEagle Aviation. They sent me the outline of the program which includes only 7 hours after obtaining the CMEL, so it does not include everything I need to be eligible for the MEI.

Back