Climb! Electronic logbook to..:

scooter2525

Very well Member
I recently found the electronic logbook I use on my Mac is no longer being supported. I can use it for now, but I would like to change to a app that I can use on my Mac and iPad. Has anyone switched from Climb! to another electronic logbook and was able to import their flight times with ease?

I recently found the electronic logbook I use on my Mac is no longer being supported. I can use it for now, but I would like to change to a app that I can use on my Mac and iPad. Has anyone switched from Climb! to another electronic logbook and was able to import their flight times with ease?
two words and I'm sure I'll get a HUGE backing on this.

LogTen Pro

I'm looking at their site. Seems like a good program, however my big concern is accurate import of my current logbook.
Their customer support is absolutely fantastic. if you can't manage it yourself I'm 97% sure you can send it to them and they'll send you back a file to open in your logten and voila

but seriously, logten is the bee's knees.

So do I need to buy the ipad/iPhone app separate? Also $99 seems kinda steep for a glorified excel spreadsheet. Do they have discounts?

It's not a glorified spreadsheet. Logbook pro is a glorified spreadsheet. Logten pro is to excel as itunes is to a cassette player.

EDIT: I have to clarify that I am NOT an apple fanboy. I use logbook pro because I no longer own a mac (read first edit sentence). But logten is an amazing piece of software. I'm sure you can swing a free trial and give it a shot.

Also since ipad and iphone are separate, don't be a dummy and only get one of them. Why do you need to input your log entries from your ipad AND your phone? I'd pick phone personally since you always have that on you regardless of whether you're flying or not.

I use LogBook Pro only cause I have a PC. If I had a Mac, I'd do logTen Pro. Very good program.
nysu2a5e.jpg

a good free one, i don't think it has an app for any of the phones but can used on the internet is flightlogg.in type that into your browser and its a really good free logbook

Have you imported from other electronic logbooks?

Yes there is an importer from Excel. You can download a blank workbook to see the format it expects. I had no problem converting my logbook from another system, and you can also dump your logbook for a backup. Sure makes things handy once everything is in there. Open to feature requests..

I am biased toward Logbook Pro. However, having used both, if you choose LogTen simply for it working natively on mac that is fine and I get the choice of not wanting to run a VM. However, please do yourself a favor and backup often and be warned their pricing models have changed or a lot over the past several years.

I have used logbook pro since 2007? 2008? Idk. It has worked well for me.

Back