Classes to Take in High School?

Pilotman151

Hey Everyone,
I'm new to the forums here. I just wanted to know, right now I am at the PAIFA requirements page. Just a little background. They just gave my my scheduling sheet to schedule my classes for my sophomore year of High School. Now, Here's the question. Are there any required classes that I need to take to get into Pan Am? I'm also looking at Embry Riddle and Westwind. I guess I will post something like ths for the other two schools I'm interested in.
Thanks a lot everyone!
-Ricky

Yes. College classes. Although you may be able to get into Pan Am or the others, you won't be able to go to the airlines without college as far as I'm aware.

I have seen people that can only be classified as retarded get all their pilot ratings, but a little studying will make it easier on both you and your instructors. I would recommend math and science (especially physics). You should also be able to do simple math in your head (time, speed, distance, fuel burn, etc).

You should also plan on college. It is possible for those just out of highschool to get through training, but in my experience those who have prior college or military have made better students. It is also true that it will be difficult to get a good flying job with no degree.

[ QUOTE ]
You should also plan on college. It is possible for those just out of highschool to get through training, but in my experience those who have prior college or military have made better students. It is also true that it will be difficult to get a good flying job with no degree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on going to College at Louisiana Tech, but, are there any specific degrees I should get? Also which math would you choose between Algebra 2 and Geometry?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was planning on going to College at Louisiana Tech, but, are there any specific degrees I should get? Also which math would you choose between Algebra 2 and Geometry?

[/ QUOTE ]
Remember, it is smart to get a degree in something other than aviation, just incase something happens with your job (i.e. you get furloughed (sp?))

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't really matter which math class you take. As for a degree, that is up to you. Pick something that interest you. As some have said, it is probably best to pick something other than aviation. But, you will find that college is alot easier if you like what you are studying. If aviation is the only thing you want to study, then it would be better to get good grades than do poorly in something that does not really interest you.

Back