Class dates before Oct. '09

MattMorgan

Just out of curiosity, can the people who were told that they wouldn't get a class date until at least October, but got a class date earlier leave a response. Could you also state the reason, I see some people just had slots open for them and others were asked to switch facilities. I just want to know how common this is.

Thanks

I posted the below in another thread: I am headed to PBI and was pubnat 2, TOL Nov 17th KC PEPC. I should probably put this in my signature.

Just thought I would share as hopefully this may happen for some of you guys as well:

I was told a month ago after being fully cleared that the FY 09 budget was depleted and I had to wait until FY 10 to receive a class date. I was very frustrated and did not want to accept this but I had no choice. I called the air traffic manager at my facility and spoke with him about my situation. He knew what was going on and stated he needed some new trainees and to hang in there. He asked if I would like to come in and see the facility which of course I answered yes. I received a call yesterday from my hr rep looking to schedule me for a class date. I will be in OKC may 5.

I would strongly urge you guys that are waiting to get in touch with your managers and meet with them if possible. I don't know if it will help get a class date faster but at least they can start to get to know you and see your enthusiasm and interest in this field. Good luck to everyone!

Sure...

I was told at my PEPC in August 2008 that I should be getting a date after my interim clearances come back in 4-6 weeks.

I was told in November 2008 (that's 3 months later if your counting) that I was about in the mid 20s in line waiting for a date for my facility and they didn't have that many slots for FY09 and it would be at least October FY10 before I would get a date.

I called in January to make sure they had everything they needed for me and weren't missing anything. I got a "yes, we have everything for you... hold on.....................Can you do a June 30th Academy start?" "Um, that should work. :)" "Okay, I'll get your FOL to you in email."

I get a call in February... "Hey, there was a class canceled and we need to bump you out to the next class, can you do July 10th"? "Yeah, my lease is up July 8th, that works out perfect! :D" "Great, let me get you out an amended FOL.".

I get a call the very next day... "Hey, we didn't realize there were actually two classes canceled, so we need to move you out to August 5th." "Okay :(" "Great, let me get you out an amended FOL."

Is that kind of what you were asking for?

Thats good news. I hope the same is going to happen to me. Today I received a reply email from my HR guy and he said

"As of right now it doesn't appear that I'll be able to get you here to the academy until sometime after October 1 of this year since the facility you've been assigned has met its hiring goal for the year."

One can only hope it's sooner. This whole process is crazy. I've been told that contacting the Manager at my facility may move the process along a little sooner. Maybe I should try to do that.

pubnat 2
atsat 94.9.
Pepc LA 1/28

I got a call yesterday telling me the facility I was assigned to go had reached their hiring limit for the year. They did offer me another facility if I wished for an earlier class date. I'm still thinking about it.

I was told my facility was on a freeze. got email next day offering may.21.09

I was also told that my facility was done hiring for the FY '09 and was offered another facility an hour away. I accepted and was also assigned a class date on May 21st.

I was offered Rockford or Moline the other day, is that that what you Chicago peeps were offered too, and did you take it? Where were you originally going? I turned down Rockford and Moline, because their just too far and stuck with my original facility and will wait till October becuase they have met their hiring goal for FY09.

This question is for the Illinois chosen facilities. Has any of you been given the facility in champaign?

I received a call too. They offered to put me in a tracon, and I accepted. I'm waiting on some new paperwork and a new class date.

I was offered Rockford or Moline the other day, is that that what you Chicago peeps were offered too, and did you take it? Where were you originally going? I turned down Rockford and Moline, because their just too far and stuck with my original facility and will wait till October becuase they have met their hiring goal for FY09.

I was offered Rockford and accepted.

I was offered Rockford. Am still thinking about it, trying to find and talk to people who know more about the city and what have you. I'm not having much luck with that, heh. My original offer was MDW. An extremely tough decision, this is. If it was Moline, I'd have said no thanks immediately if MDW was sill on the table. It would be an easier decision if I found out RFD had only that one spot and Joe grabbed it.

MattMorgan, good luck in BTR...join the union as soon as possible...I know a few people that are at BTR or have been there recently and said it is a horrible place to work as far as getting along with management...one of the worst in the FAA....that is just what I've heard, haven't experienced it for myself. You might want to give your union rep a call....I knew the old union rep that was there, I'm sure he'd talk with you if you wanted.

Actually, it looks like I just got offered MSY a few days ago, I don't know if anything is set in stone yet (it does seem to be), but it would be great because i'd have to leave my girlfriend of 6 years (soon to be wife when I'm financially secure) behind if I went to BTR because she attends LSU in New Orleans. We wouldn't break up, but that's about 5-6 years before we'd be back together. Wish me luck!

I'd consider working for the FAA financially secure, but I don't think I can working for Breaux Mart at this time...

And yeah BS77, that is what I was looking for.

I attended the NY PEPC in February for RFD. Almost two weeks later I received an email from my hr rep asking if I was willing to start in OKC two days later. I was more than willing to jump on the offer and I started terminal basics March 11th. I'll be done with basics next week. Good luck to everybody waiting on academy dates, especially those headed to RFD.

A guy I was in the Marine Corps with works at MSY...I'm sure he could answer a bunch of questions for you about the facility. Let me know if you want to get in touch with him. I can give you his facebook username.

A guy I was in the Marine Corps with works at MSY...I'm sure he could answer a bunch of questions for you about the facility. Let me know if you want to get in touch with him. I can give you his facebook username.

Sure, I'd appreciate the info, but I don't have a facebook... or a myspace, just an e-mail. I can't PM you though, so I won't give it here.

I've been to MSY twice already and toured. I don't have any questions at the moment, but it would be nice to have a contact if I did, so that I wouldn't have to interrupt them on their time at work.

Thanks for the help.

I sent a follow-up email today to HR about getting a class date although I've been told before that it would be OCT or later... and I got shot down again. I got my TOL 1/2009

I sent a follow-up email today to HR about getting a class date although I've been told before that it would be OCT or later... and I got shot down again. I got my TOL 1/2009

I think we all have the same HR rep...

I e-mailed just to make sure all my clearances were in, and they are, so I'm just happy I don't have to re-take the MMPI! :crazy:

Back