Class date change anyone else?

bigdil511

I was scheduled for Oct 10th, I just got a call that changed to the 9th, not a big deal but I am sure there are others who are getting hosed on this deal.

Weird...we were going to be in the same class and now I guess we are not. I was also supposed to start on Nov. 10th. I got a call yesterday telling me now I'm going to start Nov. 13th. I can't figure out the schedule for anything! :banghead:

Nevermind. You are Oct. and I'm Nov. I guess 30 days makes a bit of a difference. Disregard my prior post. Anyhow, it does seem like everyone is getting shifted around.

I received a phone call on Thursday (9-25-08) that informed me of my new academy start date. My original class date was Oct 31st (en-route option), and the FAA canceled that class and combined it with another. My new start date is Oct 22nd.

Luckily the folks over at the Apple Tree Apartments were able to accommodate the change in my arrival date.

hasn't happened to me yet. my date is currently Nov 10.

don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing if you other guys are changing dates

They are having a hell of a time out here trying to get these classes in order. They are short on instructors and class space. They just hosed my class by extending our class time two weeks from 12/19 to 12/30. I would say make sure to check your end date after all the changes, but to be honest, I don't think it matters one bit any more.

Is there not an instructor and classroom assigned to each class when they set up the classes? I don't get it! Does any of this have to do with Raytheon taking over?

odecom--I'm curious to hear if you keep your Nov. 10th date. Like I mentioned earlier, that was supposed to be my start date as well. It got pushed back to the 13th (not a bid deal, but weird if there is still a class starting on the 10th).

mugenfan--That stinks! Now you guys have to spend Christmas in OKC with the rest of us. Why did they extend your class 2 weeks? Are you spending less hours in class than you are supposed to? Getting a break somewhere? Again, I don't get it! How could they be off by 2 weeks when they've run this exact same class many times. Eesshh!

Wow, how difficult has it been to find housing with that drastic of a change in arrival dates?

I just called Walnut Gardens and told them I had a new class date, and they are going to put me in a studio for a few days, then a 1br is gonna become available, and I'll move into it. I was afraid that they were going to tell me that they have nothing available, but I guess my timing was perfect.

I just called Walnut Gardens and told them I had a new class date, and they are going to put me in a studio for a few days, then a 1br is gonna become available, and I'll move into it. I was afraid that they were going to tell me that they have nothing available, but I guess my timing was perfect.

Sounds like Walnut Gardens is doing everything that they can to help you with your situation. At least you do have to move across town to another apartment complex in the middle of academy.

Is there not an instructor and classroom assigned to each class when they set up the classes? I don't get it! Does any of this have to do with Raytheon taking over?

odecom--I'm curious to hear if you keep your Nov. 10th date. Like I mentioned earlier, that was supposed to be my start date as well. It got pushed back to the 13th (not a bid deal, but weird if there is still a class starting on the 10th).

mugenfan--That stinks! Now you guys have to spend Christmas in OKC with the rest of us. Why did they extend your class 2 weeks? Are you spending less hours in class than you are supposed to? Getting a break somewhere? Again, I don't get it! How could they be off by 2 weeks when they've run this exact same class many times. Eesshh!

well, nobody called me, but i did just get my FOL today, and the class date listed is November 13. So I guess I'll be there with you :)

I was originally Dec. 24th and got moved up to Oct. 20th. I was told there was some cancellations and they wanted to expediate the process.

I got changed from Nov 17 to Dec 8 to Sept 4th. I was notified that on Aug 21. I had a hell of a time getting a room. All the FAA places were booked til mid Oct. Found a great place off of Craigslist though. $37 a day, big studio with wireless internet, 32" LCD TV, 10 blocks north of Bricktown (lots and lots of bars). I'm gonna check with Student Services and Finance Dept. to clarify the new per diem rules then start recommending this place. Landlord is great. didn't have to pay a dime until I got my first per diem check. Maid service, trash can right outside my door, and many many other perks.

Back