Class 6 felony

flyboywbl

3rd regional in 1 year
Just a question. I had a guy call the office today and ask if he could get a medical with a Class 6 Felony paraphernalia charge on his record.

I told him he probably would get denied his medical but he could then petition the FAA with a written report of the incident. I told him i did not know for sure and that i needed to ask.

I know some one who used to smoke Pot in high school who got denied his medical because of this. He petitioned the FAA and after a year of clean random drug testing he was able to get his medical. He did not have a felony on his record though.

Thanks for your help!

It wil depend on his current age, the age at the time of the felony and he will have to provide copies of all of the legal records. I had someone like this last fall and he was denied.

The guy sounded young. I would say in his 20's. But it's kind of hard to tell over the phone. I also told him to call his local FSDO and ask.

In his case i would figure out the medical first before they started flight training. That way if they do get denied, then they don't wast a bunch of money.

Also depending on where he is located in the country. The Class 6 felony is usually dropped to a class 1 misdemeanor after completion of probation. They call it a class 6 open in Arizona. Meaning it can be lowered. It all depends on the case, as well as his/her prior history.

Also depending on where he is located in the country. The Class 6 felony is usually dropped to a class 1 misdemeanor after completion of probation. They call it a class 6 open in Arizona. Meaning it can be lowered. It all depends on the case, as well as his/her prior history.

Thanks i'll let him know. I mean in reality anything you get denied for can be petitioned through the FAA. Weather or not they give it to you is another story. You must include what you did, why you did it, and how you have changed since then.

We had a guy come in to do a BFR with only one arm. Im sure he got denied for his first medical. I'm assuming he needed to do a demonstration of abilities to get his.

Thanks i'll let him know. I mean in reality anything you get denied for can be petitioned through the FAA. Weather or not they give it to you is another story. You must include what you did, why you did it, and how you have changed since then.

We had a guy come in to do a BFR with only one arm. Im sure he got denied for his first medical. I'm assuming he needed to do a demonstration of abilities to get his.

That would be tough to have one arm on the flight controls and one on the thrust.

Back