Clarity Aloft Classic (Non TSO) for sale

Kettlebell

Selling my Clarity Aloft headset. Gently used, works great, always stored in the case. Comes with the case and some eartips- large, small, and a set of Shure ear tips that work really well (high end audio ear buds).

These still work perfectly and are in like new condtion. I'm looking to switch to an ANR headset since I'm looking to do more GA flying as well.

$375 shipped, paypal. Or cash at LAX or DEN. Looking to sell here before they go on eBay.

Do you not consider the clarity aloft headset appropriate for general aviation? I ask, because that's all I fly and I have been considering one.

Do you not consider the clarity aloft headset appropriate for general aviation? I ask, because that's all I fly and I have been considering one.

I use them in both fixed wing and helicopters. LOVE them! No headset squeeze. Very light. Great noise reduction. I've got 2 David Clarkes and 3 flight helmets and always prefer the clarity aloft headset. Getting ready to purchase a second pair so I have the TSO version.

I was gonna get the a20s but I'll consider the x11. What condition is it in? How's the and?

It is in good shape, had it refurbished at DC and used it for about 6 more months. The ANR is great, cannot really compare to others since i have not had them. I tried the Bose but i've got big ears and i did not like the oval cup since it was pressing on my ears instead of encapsulating them.

It is in good shape, had it refurbished at DC and used it for about 6 more months. The ANR is great, cannot really compare to others since i have not had them. I tried the Bose but i've got big ears and i did not like the oval cup since it was pressing on my ears instead of encapsulating them.

Thanks but I'm gonna pass. I want to try to sell them or do a trade + cash for the A20's or a Zulu 2.

I think they're pretty quiet, enough for most people. Lots of people use them for GA. I just prefer more noise cancelling.

These are going to eBay in a few days, will consider reasonable offers

I have a Clarity Aloft headset: I think it works very well for GA. No head clamps like the pair of DCs I have, but also no batteries to swap at inopportune times.

I used them for GA for a while in both a C172 and a Piper Aztec. They worked fine for the 172 but in the Aztec you could really tell when the earbuds started to wear out. It got to the point where I enjoyed using my Bose more for the Aztec just because I was in it for 6-8 hours a day. The comfort of ANR outweighed the comfort of a lighter weight headset. It really does depend how loud the aircraft is and how long you will be in it.

I used them for GA for a while in both a C172 and a Piper Aztec. They worked fine for the 172 but in the Aztec you could really tell when the earbuds started to wear out. It got to the point where I enjoyed using my Bose more for the Aztec just because I was in it for 6-8 hours a day. The comfort of ANR outweighed the comfort of a lighter weight headset. It really does depend how loud the aircraft is and how long you will be in it.

I primarily fly 172s, and will be in an Arrow II before long. I suspect a lot more time in a 7KCAB Citabria, too. The Citabria owner has a Clarity Aloft and she likes it a lot.

I can actually trade in my PA-1779T (Pilot USA) to Lightspeed to get a Zulu 2. I'm torn on that.

Is she flying acro? I got mine because my DCs would rotate backwards off my head while in a Super-D.

Yeah - she teaches aerobatics out of VKX. A lot of the CFIs around there work with her. I can introduce you if you want. Very nice lady.

Hey buddy, I've got the qt halo and they are great, imo, in piston or turbine. Any slight deficiency to anr (not really sure if there is any) is made up with sunglasses and hat freedom. (I've heard the acro thing too) I'd be happy to loan them to you with a fresh set of plugs, if you'd like. The clarity aloft have a different system, but you could try out the style. I could get sentimental with my DC's while you do..

Back