CJOs

Of the couple folks I know who were recently at both, the Republic pilot went to FDX and the Piedmont one went to, as you said, United.

Yeah so I hear, if you go to the company regional you're gonna have a long wait to flow up as a wholly owned. And the other legacies seem to rather enjoy (from what I've read) poaching pilots from other airlines WO.

Yeah so I hear, if you go to the company regional you're gonna have a long wait to flow up as a wholly owned. And the other legacies seem to rather enjoy (from what I've read) poaching pilots from other airlines WO.

Poaching....? That might be a bit extreme. People are leaving on their own. The head scratchers for me are when people are leaving one legacy for another 'dream' job. Every time I see a new hire class for FedEx they get people from the majors (which seems to be the end goal for many) all the time.

Poaching....? That might be a bit extreme. People are leaving on their own. The head scratchers for me are when people are leaving one legacy for another 'dream' job. Every time I see a new hire class for FedEx they get people from the majors (which seems to be the end goal for many) all the time.

Okay. Said a different way. Parent airlines are more hesitant to hire a pilot from their WO, vs a pilot from another airlines WO. Because it would negatively affect staffing at their WO regional.

That's awesome to hear. If you want to fly for American. Go to Republic. If you want to fly for Delta or United, go to Piedmont.
We (YX) have a LOT more people going to United than American, but, folks go to both and all the others as well.

Okay. Said a different way. Parent airlines are more hesitant to hire a pilot from their WO, vs a pilot from another airlines WO. Because it would negatively affect staffing at their WO regional.
This is a common belief, not so sure it's actually true. I think it may be more along the lines of they don't want to take people around the flow from that airline. It makes the flow look like it has less value=less of a recruiting tool (just a guess though, who knows what's in their heads)

@gocaps16 if you have an questions about Republic, be happy to answer them as best as I can. I can't do a compare/contrast, don't know too much about PDT.

Back